Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: I am a sports fan in general

http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content....thumbnail.gif
    http://library.williams.edu/theses/pdf.php?id=36

Two good reads on this. If anything Parity is better for the sport. Look at Baseball. It is practically a dying sport due to the lack of salary cap. With the salary cap, it provides more competition because teams are more evenly spaced and each game provides more competition.

Rams, sorry to break it to you...but your logic is flawed more then that team you call home.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces2Bluff View Post

Two good reads on this. If anything Parity is better for the sport. Look at Baseball. It is practically a dying sport due to the lack of salary cap. With the salary cap, it provides more competition because teams are more evenly spaced and each game provides more competition.

Rams, sorry to break it to you...but your logic is flawed more then that team you call home.

the competition comes because quality of play is weaker. they are not even as in good- they are even as in sub par

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    You have some nerve dude. The Cardinals and Eagles making it this far make the league look bad if anything... not to mention the Chargers. The Eagles got the gift of a lifetime via the Oakland Raiders and should never have made the playoffs. They lost a game to the Redskins that told me they didn't deserve it- yet here they are.

The Ravens had one of the toughest schedules in football this year- had no bye week- and have fought all sorts of adversity to get where they are now. For someone like yourself to come here and say it makes the league look bad- it just proves ignorance.

If a rookie making it this far is so BAD for the league- or proves the league is so bad- why can't the Peyton Mannings and Brett Favres of the world consistently do better? YOu need to get a life buddy and stop trying to rain on someone else's parade just because "your" team had a rough go of it this year. BTW, if you are indeed a Rams fan- I guess Flacco lacks the skills of Marc Bulger??? Get real. A rookie- ON ANY COUNTS, in any sport- to do what Flacco is doing at his position (something Kyle Boller, Elvis Grbac, and Steve McNair could NOT do) is incredible- and to try and discredit as simply the sign of a bad league is the result of nothing more than bitterness and small mindedness.

Get a life you wannabe sports fan and hater!

(because no true sports fan would give any credence to your opinion here about a rookie qb's success)

I am talking about a league not a team. whats this my team stuff LOL. you are taking this a little personal. the rams winning or losing or any team has nothing to with this topic or my life LOL

Go away

Quote Originally Posted by Aces2Bluff View Post

at some point I would like to look at that- the file takes forever to load though. superbowl rating really have no effect on wether i'm right or wrong.

at least youre being more civil than your Ravenmates LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    the competition comes because quality of play is weaker. they are not even as in good- they are even as in sub par
    Explain this to me:

Lets make up a scenario...

You have 3 teams of nothing but all pro elite players. So how does 3 teams out of 32 (like 3 percent) encourgage the quality of play when the other 97 percent of teams which are garbage playing against each other every weekend. How the hell is that good for the sport when at best you have each weekend:

Elite Team 1 vs Garbage Team
    Elite Team 2 vs Garbage Team
    Elite Team 3 vs Garbage Team
    Garbage Team vs. Garbage Team
    Bye Week: Garbage Team, Garbage Team, Garbage Team, Garbage Team

Yea that really is good for the sport:bag:

Rams fan, if you knew anything about the Ravens you'd know this is a team with talent that was looking for competence at the quarterback position.
    I'd guess most all the members on this board save some of the newly registered January 09 crew watch ALL the Raven games ,follow the team intensely and although our opinions may differ on certain issues know the club pretty much like the back of our hand.

If you think because you have an ancient Ravens jersey in your closet it makes you a Ravens fan, you're clearly mistaken. It's not what you wear but what's in your heart. If you want to jump on board the Raven bandwagon, I say welcome but if your one of those fans that root for multiple teams as you've already implied , I look forward to the day the rams are competent again so you can post at their site.

In closing the Ravens are not where they are because of parity. Again if you were a true ravens fan you'd know injuries and other issues derailed this team last season. Although most Raven fans had their doubts about the season those issues were resolved for the most part along the way. The Ravens have had one of the toughest schedules of any .500 team in the NFL and are not in the AFC Championship game because of chance. Hard work, quality coaching, the next man stepping up and competence at the quarterback position are some of the many reasons this team is where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity. it doesnt matter who has what numbers. if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide. and no one is trolling- lame slang for internet freaks- I am going to a sports fan site bringing up a topic most do not ponder in their myopic fandom. Hey, I am a sports fan too. and if the Ravens go and win,- big deal- it doesnt change my life or yours. I am bringing another topic to a sports conversation. I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    If a team can go to the SB with a grocery store bagger, and an idiot like Martz..... well you might be right! The days of indentured servitude are over,,, like it or not, and we are NOT going to see that change. We like the game of football, and the NFL is all we got, so go make the best of it... which is what we are doing.
    Your statement about Dilfer set me to thinking.....'n you know what? I feel more comfortable going into the games with Joe Flacco than I did with Dilfer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Rams fan, if you knew anything about the Ravens you'd know this is a team with talent that was looking for competence at the quarterback position.
    I'd guess most all the members on this board save some of the newly registered January 09 crew watch ALL the Raven games ,follow the team intensely and although our opinions may differ on certain issues know the club pretty much like the back of our hand.

If you think because you have an ancient Ravens jersey in your closet it makes you a Ravens fan, you're clearly mistaken. It's not what you wear but what's in your heart. If you want to jump on board the Raven bandwagon, I say welcome but if your one of those fans that root for multiple teams as you've already implied , I look forward to the day the rams are competent again so you can post at their site.

In closing the Ravens are not where they are because of parity. Again if you were a true ravens fan you'd know injuries and other issues derailed this team last season. Although most Raven fans had their doubts about the season those issues were resolved for the most part along the way. The Ravens have had one of the toughest schedules of any .500 team in the NFL and are not in the AFC Championship game because of chance. Hard work, quality coaching, the next man stepping up and competence at the quarterback position are some of the many reasons this team is where it is.

you focus on the ram in my name as if thats what defines me...? you bring up the ravens jersey as though I am trying to say I am a bandwagon jumping fan...? no, I am just a sports fan who owns sports stuff and mentioned on a ravens site that I own a ravens jersey. none of that has anything to do with what I brought up. and I am not bashing the ravens. I am talking about a league using a rookie QB as an example. I cant believe I need to explain this. are you guys that simplistic in your thinking? in regards to your last couple sentances. the Ravens got the win against the Titans because of an unrealistic amount of turnovers. that will never happen again. and the titans passed the ball all over the Titan def-. Pitt- will take note of that. and the rookie QB will show his lack of experience.

indentured servitude....? thats a tad strong LOL

Dude, your team isn't even in our conference, much less our division. Why are you here? Go hate on the Cardinal's message board.

The Raven's make their own luck. We've seen these type of games for 9 years now. We know the story. We like it this way. It's funny how the Raven's never win a game, but the other team always looses it.

And btw....Pissburg will not attack our D the way Ten. did. The two teams know each other too well along with all the tendency among them.

Blog Entries

You guys need to pulls the hooks out of your mouths and let this thread die.....like it should have when it was started!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    Dude, your team isn't even in our conference, much less our division. Why are you here? Go hate on the Cardinal's message board.

The Raven's make their own luck. We've seen these type of games for 9 years now. We know the story. We like it this way. It's funny how the Raven's never win a game, but the other team always looses it.

And btw....Pissburg will not attack our D the way Ten. did. The two teams know each other too well along with all the tendency among them.

LOLOL I am a sports fan going to a sports fan site ! I know it will be active here cause your still in the race. I could care less whos a fan of whoever. whos hating on anyone ? I am talking about a league not a team. you guys are very immature for whatever ages you are. aside from one guy here so far LOL. it appears youre just a bunch of myopic sports fans.