Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: I am a sports fan in general

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    no, its my ability to interpret what it really means. the league is weaker because of free agency.
    a rookie QB in the afc championship is proof enough. I dont care how good he is.
    So a rookie QB under any circumstances in the AFC Championship means the league is weak. What if said QB broke the single season TD record enroute to the championship game?

You believe free agency has made the league weak. So you would prefer baseballs system. The good/great teams stay on top for years and the bottom feeders never get any better.

Being a Rams fan you should like free agency. It gives your team a chance next year to turn it around and make a run at the playoffs. As a fan of your team wouldn't you want that?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Ram29Jackson,

You have been on this threat for over 4 hours AND you Still haven't proven your point. deal with the fact that the league will do fine with or without a Roookie QB and that you don't know what parity means.
    Want some... come and get some!

you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly. A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has. all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens. you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic- the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-

Enough of this bullshit already.

The proof is already out there.

The NFL is by far one of the most successful (if not the most successful) professional sports league in this country.
    For that matter, any country.

It is proven by its huge following and growing world wide fan base every year.

The freakin' Superbowl is damn near considered anbother national holiday like Thangsgiving.

The amount of money generated by the league is probably unrivaled by anything else.

Some citys literally shut down when their team is playing.

And with all this going on, you somehow think the league is watered down and should not be the way it is.

You have been challenged already to explain what you think should be done to improve the league since in your misguided mind it has faults that allow a rookie QB to be playing in the AFC championship game, and that defenses should not be as strong as they are on the influence of this game.

Yet still, you have uttered nothing to support your case or offered opinion on to what should be done to change it for the better in your eyes.

So until you can offer some type of quality post explaining how it should be changed, your opinion is nothing more then bitching dribble from an idiot that doesn't like what he sees because it doesn't fit his view of what should be.

In other words...

Shut your keyboard down unless you have something else to bring to this table other then whining.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

so, the league is popular. that doesnt mean its not weaker in quality of team to team play due to free agency.

I already gave 3 examples why. overly successful rookie QBs. defenses winning without the offense producing. free agents running around from team to team without trully learning a system to be practiced and effective. teams in last place decisivly making the playoffs the following year. LOL and yet the lions still suck

I already gave 3 examples why.
    Why what?

Anyway now you're boring me. But it was a nice diversion for a little while. Cheers!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

defenses winning without the offense producing.
    So you've never heard defense wins championships.

This isn't something recent either look back at the Steel Curtain and Chicago Bears. While before free agency my friend.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So until you can offer some type of quality post explaining how it should be changed, your opinion is nothing more then bitching dribble from an idiot that doesn't like what he sees because it doesn't fit his view of what should be.

Exactly what part of this do you not comprehend Ramoron?

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE TO IMPROVE THE LEAGUE, AND MAKE IT LESS WATERED DOWN?

I'll offer an opinion to help get you started.

Do away with moron fans.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Anyone who looks at the battle between the Titans and the Ravens and claims that teams are getting weaker is NOT a football fan and lacks a complete understanding of the game. That game epitomized grit and smash-mouth football. Statically, the better team did not win. Big plays on defense won the game. And those big plays came special delivery, courtesy of the Baltimore Ravens.

Parity is equality. That does not mean that teams get weaker. It could be applied to the exact opposite. Teams are getting better. The Cardinals, Ravens, these two teams were not teams that were being discussed in pre-season as being contenders for a Superbowl. The slanted views are ignorant, ill-informed and pure speculation from a person who simply does not understand the game. You can use fancy language to dress up your posts all you want. The point is this: No matter how hard you try, you can not polish a turd.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Mr. Ram,

What exactly is your point here? You come on a board where, their team is in the playoffs and want to talk about how the league is getting weak. You are not stating any facts and have a very negative attitude toward the league. Are you upset with the schedule the Ravens played? Do you you have a motive behind what you have to say? Why do you watch NFL is so "weak"? I keep getting on here hoping to see your point but when people ask you to state some facts you go off and don't bring anything to the table.

Parity in the NFL means any team can win on any given game day. Parity in your mind thinks every team goes 8-8, but in reality talent is exploited by the right teams to create the good teams, and then the bottom feeders.

0-16 is not parity...

troll ? another useless internet term. I am a sports fan going to where its more active this time of year. I will not bash or disrespect anyone here. I am merely bringing up something deeper than just- hey my team won- etc. seriously a rookie QB getting this far doesnt really make the league look good.
    You have some nerve dude. The Cardinals and Eagles making it this far make the league look bad if anything... not to mention the Chargers. The Eagles got the gift of a lifetime via the Oakland Raiders and should never have made the playoffs. They lost a game to the Redskins that told me they didn't deserve it- yet here they are.

The Ravens had one of the toughest schedules in football this year- had no bye week- and have fought all sorts of adversity to get where they are now. For someone like yourself to come here and say it makes the league look bad- it just proves ignorance.

If a rookie making it this far is so BAD for the league- or proves the league is so bad- why can't the Peyton Mannings and Brett Favres of the world consistently do better? YOu need to get a life buddy and stop trying to rain on someone else's parade just because "your" team had a rough go of it this year. BTW, if you are indeed a Rams fan- I guess Flacco lacks the skills of Marc Bulger??? Get real. A rookie- ON ANY COUNTS, in any sport- to do what Flacco is doing at his position (something Kyle Boller, Elvis Grbac, and Steve McNair could NOT do) is incredible- and to try and discredit as simply the sign of a bad league is the result of nothing more than bitterness and small mindedness.

Get a life you wannabe sports fan and hater!

(because no true sports fan would give any credence to your opinion here about a rookie qb's success)
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

so, the league is popular. that doesnt mean its not weaker in quality of team to team play due to free agency.

I already gave 3 examples why. overly successful rookie QBs. defenses winning without the offense producing. free agents running around from team to team without trully learning a system to be practiced and effective. teams in last place decisivly making the playoffs the following year. LOL and yet the lions still suck
    Dude- if rookie qbs start having this type of success EVERY year, than maybe you have a point.. but to MOST fans- this has been a once in a lifetime year as far as quarterbacks having success. If it is so easy and commonplace for a rookie quarterback to come in to this league and have success- why is it done so rarely???

Hmmm...
    Vince Young... Matt Leinert.... Jamarcus Russell... David Carr... Rex Grossman... Byron Leftwich... Tim Couch... Alex Smith... Kyle Boller... and those are just off the top of my head.

One factor to qb success could be the rule changes to allow for a more offensive league- but those hold true for everyone.

Your opinions wreak of pure jealousy and it's pretty petty. I'll say it again... GET A LIFE. I will add, you are a loser for making this argument on a Ravens fansite.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"