Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97
  1. #31

    Re: I am a sports fan in general



    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity. it doesnt matter who has what numbers. if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide. and no one is trolling- lame slang for internet freaks- I am going to a sports fan site bringing up a topic most do not ponder in their myopic fandom. Hey, I am a sports fan too. and if the Ravens go and win,- big deal- it doesnt change my life or yours. I am bringing another topic to a sports conversation. I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    So stop watching the NFL if you don't like the way its going.
    I assure you the league will survive.
    And with that I have given you 30 seconds more thought than you ever deserved.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

    On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!




  2. Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    by the way- I own a replica Ravens jersey with my name on the back. its an older jersey with the full Raven on the sleeve.
    So did you make this statement as part of your initial post in hopes that maybe you would be cut some slack?

    If your takes are moronic, we'll let you know that whether you're wearing a Raven Jersey or not.


    Anyway, Flacco is talented and the Def- is good/ great but to have a team go this far with a rookie QB just makes the league look pathetic in this weak free agency parity era.
    Yup, bet you were saying the same thing when some dude from the Arena league who couldn't make it in the NFL originally showed he did in fact have talent afterall.


    But I honestly dont think the Ravens will win next week and if they do it just proves the league is weak.
    Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

    Comments like this tell me that any opinion of yours on here are as useless as an offensive coordinator working for Buddy Ryan.

    seriously a rookie QB getting this far doesnt really make the league look good.
    Why, because he's not on your team?

    What doesn't make the league look good is the so called talent evaluators and so called "experts" who didn't think he could do it.

    That, and "fans" like yourself who are misguided that think he shouldn't be doing it.

    when a team can rely almost entirely on its def- to win games. it means the league sucks.
    Is that you Mike Martz?

    Dude, I'm sorry, but every post you make here seems to be more moronic then the last!!

    How about you take that comment on over to the Steelers board and see how they feel about it.

    at some point you have to produce points- ultimately its not Defense that wins, its scoreing more than the other team
    As long as it's not the defense scoring the points or creating the opportunity for the offense to score with more ease, right?

    After the Packers won the Superbowl in 96/97 the league has gradually gone down in quality of play to the point where you dont need an offense to win. theres no true developed team work. no true consistancy.
    Translation...
    My team sucks ass and gets its collective asses kicked constantly because we don't play defense real well.

    If I had my way, I'd change all the rules so they were geared towards complete offensive success and take away the salary cap so they could load up on all the high quality offensive players.

    None of that matters. my point is there is no true consistancy due to parity.
    I think you would be far better served to being a baseball fan then trying to pose as an NFL fan.

    Something tells me you run around with a baseball cap on your head displaying an "NY" or a "B".


    if a team can go to the superbowl with a rookie QB it means there are weaknesses league wide.
    No shit sherlock!!!

    That's what makes the NFL so great.

    Teams are forced to build in a way they think best serves them to be able to overcome their own weaknesses while being able to take advantage of the oppositions.

    They kind of put this little thing in there called the salary cap forcing you to have to do this.


    I aint here to insult anyone. Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    I agree, I don't particurally see you as trolling either.
    However, your mere presence here with this load of Ram dung your spewing is an insult to me regardless of how clueless you apparently are.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    3,225

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Great post Fanatic!!!!! I was going to reply to this nagative "sports fan" but, you beat me to it. I think you covered everything pretty well....drink for you my friend...




  4. #34

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff

    as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.

    and no, I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,526

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff

    as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.

    and no, I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.
    Get it right.

    What Fanatic posted what a point by point rebuttal to the nonsense of what you posted.

    My post was the one that was slinging insults in your general direction.

    We're good like that.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #36

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    None of that matters.
    Right, I understand better than you think I do. While none of your premises and assumptions are supported by facts, we are expected to be persuaded because you are using a device you call a "truism."

    I get it. Do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Just because what I bring up cant be fathomed it shouldnt be referred to as trolling.
    I don't call people trolls just because I don't agree with (or understand) them.

    A troll is, at least traditionally, a person who on a message board takes a contrarian position on a sensitive issue, and defends that position with non-logic. Also a troll can not normally be bothered to support his contrarian position with facts. So, here you are on a Ravens message board with the argument that the Ravens are inherently unworthy. When pressed with facts on any of the assumptions from which you built your argument, you abandon your own arguments freely, telling people they are not understanding you. If the shoe fits. . .

    I don't care if you're a troll or not, like I said, I've enjoyed this thread. But you're wrong, and you haven't written anything to demonstrate that you're right, and you're the one who was making the argument.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    I don't think Ram is trolling he is just silly on his arguments.

    The suggestion that the league is weak because a rookie QB has taken a really good team to the AFC Championship doesn't hold water. There is no truth to the idea that because you are a rookie, you can't be good. Also there is no truth to the idea that one position out of 22 on a team would have enough bearing on the quality of a team to diagnose the quality of an overall league. That is neophyte.

    The other suggestion that if the Ravens win next week it means the league is weak is also lame. The Ravens have veterans on both side of the ball and are loaded with Pro-Bowl caliber players. There is nothing to suggest that this should be nothing but a good team regardless of the caliber of the league.








  8. Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    about the ravens jersey- I was just letting you know I am sports fan who owns sports stuff
    Good for you, I'm a human being that owns human being stuff.

    Seems kind of idiotic to me that you choose to want to display a piece of merchandise that represents an entity of a league that you don't think deserves to be considered as a good thing in said league.

    Of course with all the rest of this dumb shit you've put up here today I'm not surprised.

    as far as the rest. all you did was sling insults for each quote. You havent proven or disproven anything.
    Ahh, no...
    Me calling you a complete moron who needs to remove his head from his ass would be an insult, but I'm not going there.

    And yes, I have proven that you're a complete moron who needs to remove his head from his ass.

    I dont put the Rams in a seperate category. Warner having talent has nothing to do with wether the league is weak due to parity. I am a Ram fan- that doesnt mean I wont challenge the quality of the product.
    OK, so now we've established that in your opinion a defensive based team with a quality QB in his first season isn't good for the league, nor is a highly offensive based team being led by a guy who fought his way into the league and was given a chance.

    So tell us then, exactly what would be your ideal team, and ideal way for this league to meet what you would call good standards?

    Apparently good competition league wide offering every team a chance to be successful is the wrong way to go.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  9. #39

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly. A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has. all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens. you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic- the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,526

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly
    Wrong. Parity is the equality of status. The word has no negative connotation yet you seem to want to apply it as a negative to fit your argument. You're the simplistic one -- throwing out a theory, having it totally rebuffed and you turn to insults.

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has
    How? You keep saying this and provided NOTHING in the way of evidence, proof, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens
    Maybe, but you cant make your argument so you turn to ad hominim attacks to deflect the lack of evidence in your claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-
    So why did you start the thread? Nice to see you finally start to admit you might be wrong.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,273

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly.
    Per Meriiam Webster

    Parity:
    the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

    This board has the most knowledge and understanding football fans that I've seen. Yes were all Ravens fan but for the most part we look at the league and our team objectively. If you dont like it get off our board.




  12. #42

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you keep grinding on the non-issues. you say I have no proof yet you cant prove anything yourself. Parity by definition means everything is weaker ie spread too thinly. A rookie QB winning would prove the league is watered down it already has. all the worst to 1st turn arounds are an example. youre just a bunch of sports fans afraid to think beyond rah rah Ravens. you cant prove me wrong cause you never even pondered the possibility. but to have a rookie QB do this in front of your eyes and you dont question it makes you look pretty simplistic- the Ravens will lose next week- and if I am wrong , who cares- its just sports banter and than your life goes on-
    Yeah, starting to abandon traditional sentence structure, goodbye capital letters.

    Come on meltdown. . .

    We don't have to prove anything, noob. You made the argument. *You* prove it. We just get to sit here and point out how you fail. That's how arguments work.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  13. #43

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    parity is equality through everything being weakened




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    parity is equality through everything being weakened




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,273

    Re: I am a sports fan in general

    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    parity is equality through everything being weakened
    Thats just not true. Thats your wrong understanding of the word. Google the word.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland