Guts, Toughness and Heart

I am not one who usually worries about what the talking heads say about us, but I think as a whole they missed identifying what the Baltimore Ravens are about. The Titans dominated the first half,they may have gotten a tough break on the pass to Heap, and they may have shot themselves in the foot with the turn overs but in the end, the Ravens never backed off, remained physical (as hell) and made the plays at the end (when winners do) and won the game.
    The Ravens are a mentally tough, physical football team. They took every punch the Titans could throw and in the end threw the knockout punch. I am very proud of our football team. Go Ravens!

Re: Guts, Toughness and Heart

Well said!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Agreed!!

Not many of these "talking heads' are even speaking of not having a bye week and playing 15 games in a row!! That fact in itself speaks to the heart and soul of this team.

Bend, don't break! What a perfect example last night. The non call on the dealy of game is Karma at its best, but in the end we still beat them.

We forced turnovers...
    We did not make mistakes...
    We did not turn the ball over...

WE PLAYED AS A TEAM AND THE NEXT MAN STEPPED UP WHEN HE HAD TO!

Anyone remember the thing Harbaugh said when he came into office. "We are gonna be a tough, smart, mistake-free football team". Now I know that most coaches say the same thing when they first become a coach, but I think its great that we just won two PLAYOFF games because we were tougher, smarter, and made less mistakes then our opponent. Great stuff. I am loving him more and more.

Next question that begs some responses - why does Rex's Defensive schemes make us SOOOOOOOO vulnerable across the middle ?!?!? Teams exploit us without failure with the slant patterns - Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, etc etc etc...
    Please, Rex, apply more pressure,or something, to remedy this!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Post Re: Guts, Toughness and Heart

I agree....why do we seem so vulnerable across the middle?

And why aren't the fans whining about playing to your strenghts of a strong defense, strong running game and care-taker qb'ing all the sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Next question that begs some responses - why does Rex's Defensive schemes make us SOOOOOOOO vulnerable across the middle ?!?!? Teams exploit us without failure with the slant patterns - Steelers, Titans, Dolphins, etc etc etc...
    Please, Rex, apply more pressure,or something, to remedy this!!
    I think it has something to do with the safties playing back to protect the cornerbacks plus our linebackers being focused on taking away the run. Bottom line, win 2 more games and then let Rex or his replacement figure it out in the off season. All teams have their holes but the team that holds the Lombardi trophy gets absolved of theirs. Two more. Believe, and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Bottom line, win 2 more games and then let Rex or his replacement figure it out in the off season.
    Unfortunately, we won't get to hold the Lombardi trophy if either the Stillers or the Chargers exploit this weakness, which they definitely will do, you can bet the house on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Unfortunately, we won't get to hold the Lombardi trophy if either the Stillers or the Chargers exploit this weakness, which they definitely will do, you can bet the house on it.
    Man, enjoy the ride. Every team, has a soft spot but it comes down to execution and scheme. Dallas, Miami, Jax, and the Titans all attacked the same area, but other things were taken away and the Ravens won. All fans look at things that are not working or as in this case are being attacked and wonder what is going on. Look at what is working and let's hope that outweighs the probelms. I am more worried about the injuries than the percieved weakness. Let's enjoy yesterday for awhile and let the Raven coaches figure out how to beat the Steelers or Chargers. After today's games there will be just 4 teams left. We are one of them. Go Ravens!!

Blog Entries

I think Big Jim Leonhard personified these attributes last night. All over the field, made some big plays and never gave up. Player of the game for me.