Heap, Stover, McGahee

Kudos to these guys who have had rough years, They contributed CRUCIAL plays during the final drive. McGahee ran hard and picked up a critical first down. Heap made that catch which I still don't how and Stover was dead, solid, perfect on that 3 pointer.

I think this is what makes the '08 version special. Today was truly a team effort even by some guys who have at one point ot another this year, been outcasted.

AFC Championship 8 days away!

Re: Heap, Stover, McGahee

Good points. The 08 Ravens are playing like a well oil machine with every part contributing at one point or another.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I think McGahee is more a part of the "team" than we give him credit for. Yeah he's sucked badly at times this year, but he's being asked to get it done and he's trying.

As an aside, I loved the way he grabbed Clayton's jersey by the scruff of the neck and shook hime after the pass to Clayton at the 5. Hilarious stuff.

Maybe I'm a little biased, having been a Mickey Tettleton, Chris Hoiles fan back in the day, but I think the current Baltimore "Tractor Mechanic"...(Mr.Heap) had a great game. He did a great job blocking, and when called on in the passing game, he went 1 for 2. The one he missed on, I can't blame that drop on him. To me, that was a great defensive play knocking that ball loose. He got drilled pure and simple, I don't see many, if any TE's in the NFL making the catch under the same circumstances. Juggling the catch, taking a full speed defender straight into the stomach, I just don't see it...maybe Gates, but I doubt it.

I know I'll probably catch grief on this, but I think #86 did good last night.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

I would agree and also add another name to the list - Coach Harbaugh on his one challenge, which paid huge dividends! This TEAM is contributing in all aspects of the game, and let's hope it keeps going.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Because of all the Willis hate on the board, I know many won't acknowledge how crucial that 1st down was in the 4th Qtr, but it was BIG because not only did it get us closer to Stover's range, it also helped us run the clock down the stretch.

Especially on a day where L-Train looked a couple of steps slower, Willis was able to contribute just enough on an overall bleak rushing day for us to get by.

Make no mistake though, if McClain is truly ready to go Sunday evening, you start him, but if his speed and footwork are compromised by his ankle injury you have to give the bulk of the carries to McGahee. His legs are fresher at this point and he has something to prove.

Also, where is Ray Rice? Is his injury much worse than originally reported?

Ray was out there towards the end of the game, not sure if he's 100% though.