Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

First a little bit of context. I moved to Baltimore in 1993, and have had Ravens season tickets since the team started -- but never went through the trauma that the city had when the Colts left.

However, after listening to all the hype -- let me pose a hypothetical that should pose some light on the issue. What if Irsay agreed to give the Colts name and colors and history back to Baltimore -- say for $10 million, which Biscotti was willing to pay out after the Ravens won their second Super Bowl this year and had by far the best playoff record of any active team in the NFL. (8 wins and 2 losses).

Lets say that there was an agreement to transfer the Baltimore legacy transferred (e.g., all the old records) to the Ravens first and foremost (I think that's everyone's number one priority). Lets say thats a done deed.

At that point -- would you keep the Ravens name or the Colts name. I personally think its a no brainer -- at this point the Ravens are Baltimore and you wouldn't give up a new legacy that's being created. However, others might differ -- would love to think what people think -- honestly!

Don't jump all over me! :hammer:

Re: What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

Keep the Ravens name and history. Retire the horseshoe, old records, and the name "Colts". Indy's team history would begin in 1984 and Manning could no longer challenge anymore of Unitas' "team" records.

All i want is the history back in baltimore, I Don't even care about the name and colors i just want Unitas, Moore and berry to be honored as Baltimore players

4. Re: What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

I think we would naturally keep the Ravens name, but at least the Colts records and history could be properly enshrined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jggjaron View Post
    All i want is the history back in baltimore, I Don't even care about the name and colors i just want Unitas, Moore and berry to be honored as Baltimore players
    Perfectly stated!!!

Just give us the history for Baltimore, but we are the RAVENS!!!

6. Re: What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

I wouldn't give him 5 cents now. He should do it because it is the right thing, and would also show that an Irsay could actually be worth something.

We are the Ravens now. Let em be the Indy Colts if they want. But their history should start in 1984.

Absolutley just the history & records. This town is a Raven's town now, but the exploits of Unitas, Berry, Mackey, et al should remain with Baltimore. I think this is the point that all the talking heads who say "get over it" don't seem to "get". I thought Art approached Irsay about this a few years back, but the asking price was apparently too steep.

23 hours and 49 minutes to GAME TIME

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

He should retire the name and colors and let the hisorty revert to us. He can keep the post-move histories and all those glories it holds.

Keep the Ravens name and officially give Baltimore the Baltimore Colt history and memorabilia back. The players that earned the records want nothing to do with the Indianapolis franchise. I believe Jimmy Irsay is classless as bob when it comes to the Baltimore Colts.

10. Re: What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    First a little bit of context. I moved to Baltimore in 1993, and have had Ravens season tickets since the team started -- but never went through the trauma that the city had when the Colts left.

However, after listening to all the hype -- let me pose a hypothetical that should pose some light on the issue. What if Irsay agreed to give the Colts name and colors and history back to Baltimore -- say for $10 million, which Biscotti was willing to pay out after the Ravens won their second Super Bowl this year and had by far the best playoff record of any active team in the NFL. (8 wins and 2 losses).

Lets say that there was an agreement to transfer the Baltimore legacy transferred (e.g., all the old records) to the Ravens first and foremost (I think that's everyone's number one priority). Lets say thats a done deed.

At that point -- would you keep the Ravens name or the Colts name. I personally think its a no brainer -- at this point the Ravens are Baltimore and you wouldn't give up a new legacy that's being created. However, others might differ -- would love to think what people think -- honestly!

Don't jump all over me! :hammer:
    I already posted something like this last night

I wouldn't pay a single fucking dollar to that franchise. Give us the history back. I'd love for them to retire the name and colors, but they won't.

12. Re: What if Irsay made a deal with Baltimore?

Why should Irsay give anything to Baltimore? He owns the team and it's colors. The history goes along with that. If you're so rich on history, why is Ernest Byner in the Raven ring of fame?