Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Airline Question

I read in the paper that after the Miami game they were met at the airport by 100 fans to cheer them on. Is there any way to find out information on how to greet them at the airport after the Tennessee game? Could not find anything on the web and I got a nephew who is dying to get a chance to see them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Ravens Airline Question

My wife and I decided to go to the airport to meet the team after they won in Tennessee during the Super Bowl run. When we got there, about 10 people were waiting. By the time the team got in, the place was crazy.

Based on that night, as well as some pictures I saw from last week, my guess is that they will come through the International pier at BWI, but that's just a guess. It's a bit bigger and can handle the throng of people a little better. In terms of airline, I have no idea.

If my memory serves correct, the team was pretty accustomed to arriving though a different area of the airport. They didn't see fans at their standard gate and thought no one cared. When they opened the doors to bring the team through the International pier, it was bedlam. I think they have a close-up of Goose saying "Holy Shit!!" when he saw the people.

Definitely worth going, but do it early if they win to get a decent spot.

The International Pier at BWI is bigger than the other piers? Christ how small or the other ones?

Thanks for the response, is there anyway to find out specifically the flight time, gate, etc? I would just hate to be that guy who stands at the wrong spot for 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    The International Pier at BWI is bigger than the other piers? Christ how small or the other ones?
    I guess what I said was misleading. I wasn't talking about the pier itself (where the gates are). I'm talking more about the lobby area where the tickets counters are.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The pier is very small, the lobby area before security where the fans would wait to greet them is bigger for something like this.

Kevin Byrne's blog at the official site says they fly in tricked-out Delta planes. I don't really think that has any bearing on what gate they come through though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces2Bluff View Post
    Thanks for the response, is there anyway to find out specifically the flight time, gate, etc? I would just hate to be that guy who stands at the wrong spot for 6 hours.
    I feel you, but if you're going to do it and want a good spot, you will end up waiting for a while. We lived in Laurel at the time and made the decision to go pretty much as soon as they won. We probably got there within an hour or so after the game and we weren't even the first people there. I think they estimated a few thousand by the time the team got there and people were jammed in there pretty tight (along with news cameras, etc.). I don't know how the people ahead of us knew where to go, but we heard almost as soon as we walked in that it was going to be the International pier. I would just follow the crowd - chances are you're not all going to be wrong.;)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The pier is very small, the lobby area before security where the fans would wait to greet them is bigger for something like this.
    Ah, that'd make sense, the check in area is strangely vast considering there only ever seems to be one flight coming through at a time whenever I'm there.

FACT CHECK ....

Guys a lot has changed since the 2000-2001 season. The TEAM no longer goes into the Airport. They are dropped off at the Plane via the Team Bus. They are also picked up from the Plane on the runway. It was not like this during the last Super Bowl since it was pre September 11th, 2001 (God Rest Those Souls)

However the Bus does have to drive into the gate and a huge fan base would be very well noticed by the BUS if a group was to gather. I do not know the location of that gate, however I am sure someone has to know.

Hope this helps !! GO RAVENS !!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I believe they came through the Intl. Pier last week, some people say they met them.

I was told by a knowledgeable media guy that they will return thru the International terminal.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County