Thread: Indy's Tampa 2

Indy's Tampa 2

As I understand this defense, the corners play close to the line of scrimmage and it's the safeties who are responsible for deep zones on each side of the field.

Indy's recently-activated stud safety, Bob Sanders, is not as far as I can tell known for his coverage skills, but rather his hard-hitting run defense, like Troy Polamalu.

Am I (a) wrong about the Cover-2, or (b) wrong about Sanders, or (c) identifying one of the possible areas of vulnerability in the Indianapolis defense?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Indy's Tampa 2

Sanders is pretty much Roy Williams but shorter. Plays the run very well and is decent in coverage when the play is in front of him, but if you get behind him he is poor.

Clayton or "Spiderman" over the top? Ding Ding!

Right. Or anybody over the top, I'd expect Demetrius Williams and Todd Heap both to be running patterns up Sanders' side of the seam when they're in Cover 2. The more I think about it the less I think their defense matches up well with our style of offense.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.