Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: If Rex Ryan leaves.....

Donnie Henderson still out there?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I think Rex is as good as gone, despite the fact that he was passed over here for Harbaugh. Too many vacant head coaching vacancies for him to get passed on again. He has a great reputation. Wouldn't surprise me to see him try and get his brother Rob for defensive coordinator.

not at all interested in Mike Nolan coming back.

This offseason will be a real test of the front office to have their succession plans in place.

Rex Ryan -- probability is > 90% that he will leave given number of open positions and supply of talent. If Rex leaves, Clarence Brooks is likely to leave with him. TL has reported that Harbaugh is close to Greg Mattison who could step up and fill Rex's position.

George Kokinos - is rumored to be new GM at Cleveland if Mangini takes the coaching position. If that's the case, I think that Ozzie stops anyone from talking to DeCosta this year.

Hue Jackson - his name is being thrown around for offensive coordinator at 49ers, Raiders head coach etc. Would really be good for Flacco's development to have him stay for another year. This could be a position where some extra $$$ from Bisciotti would make the difference between leaving and staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Hate to burst ur bubble but Rex will land a HC even if people don't think he's HC material around here. He's been passed over before but I think this is the year he gets a HC job.

As for Rob Ryan...I don't see a fit. Just because of his last name I don't see it. It would go to either an ex-Raven coach like say Nolan (even though Ray doesn't like him), or perhaps Del Rio or Marvin if they lose their HC jobs. If not maybe a current Ravens coach or someone Harbaugh has worked with before.
    I hope it is not Marvin Lewis. He is overrated as a DC. He was successful because he had ridiculous talent. He played a very boring gap control defense which does not fit the current personnel. It was a bend but don't break defense with very little blitzing. Having Siragusa, Adams and Lewis up the middle made him look like a genius.

They will need a more agressive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Donnie Henderson still out there?
    My thought exactly SS, does anyone know where his hat is hanging now?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Currently the secondary coach for the Jags after he got fired as the Lions' DC a couple of years ago.

I was actually hoping Del Rio would get fired so we could get him.

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I was actually hoping Del Rio would get fired so we could get him.

- C -

I have been saying that for weeks now, I just love the guy...a no bs type. Players seem to love him, and he is very aggressive!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Maybe Del Rio could come & bring Henderson to coach secondary/wake up McCalister

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Blog Entries

We like to promote from within, but I'm finding it hard to believe we really promote any of our current coaches...None of them have the experience as assistants to warrant a DC spot. Pettine is an up and coming coach, he and Brooks were the first two assistants retained by Rex, but he's still pretty green. Mattison would be most likely, but he's on his first year as an NFL defensive coach...

I'd say look for us to find an out of work DC or HC to bring in. I trust Harbaugh to find someone just as awesome as Rex. Rob would not be considered...unless he was fired in Oakland, and even then it'd be a stretch.

I'm not sure if he'll get the Jets job, but I know one thing:

After Sunday's defensive destruction of the Phins, Jets fans want Rex Ryan as their head coach so bad, they can taste him!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=65&f=1875&t=3711943