Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2009 additions to the offense- rank them

Just on need and fit alone, not withstanding cap hit and all the money stuff, rank these players if you could get one on the Ravens next year.

Larry Johnson- RB
    Roy Williams- WR
    Anquan Boldin- WR

Happy New Year everybody!!!

FM

Re: 2009 additions to the offense- rank them

Boldin for sure

Then Roy although he seems happy in Dallas

But why on earth is Larry Johnson even being mentioned given the talent we have now in the backfield as well as his age / health???

1a Roy
    1b Boldin
    50 Larry
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Boldin
    Williams
    Johnson

We have playmakers at RB and I don't like Johnson's attitude and off-field crap.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Johnson is healthy again and wants out of KC.

Don't be fooled by our running game, we need a featured back and judging from this year McGahee is not that guy. There is no way McLain can handle 20-25 carries a game year after year and Rice still has a lot to prove.

And how is Johnson not a major upgrade over McLain or McGahee?

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post

Don't be fooled by our running game, we need a featured back and judging from this year McGahee is not that guy. There is no way McLain can handle 20-25 carries a game year after year and Rice still has a lot to prove.

FM
    Disagree. The three-headed-monster is working as well or better than a single featured back. I don't see Johnson as an upgrade over McLain, Rice has too much potential, and we are stuck with McGahee.

And the $$$ impact of signing Johnson would take way limited cap sace towards re-signing our LBs. If there's anything left over, I would apply it to CB or WR.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Boldin. I have no interest in either of the other 2. And dont forget LJ has a ton of milage on him already. Either way, in Ozzie I trust.

The only one I'd even take half a look at is Boldin, OK that's a stretch, I'd take a big ole' look at Boldin, but the priority is to keep our own intact before looking to spend big on a WR and give up players/picks to get him.

Williams is in a long contract in Dallas and going nowhere and I'd have no interest in him anyway, too inconsistent for my liking.

Johnson, just say no. He's had that 400 carry season and his durability is now a question. Plus he'll command a big contract which I just don't agree with doing for a tailback. The days of the featured back is dying, there's so many backs coming out of college with such a variety of talents that it doesn't make sense to have a featured back unless they're Adrian Peterson or LaDanian Tomlinson like and you get them in the draft. Have two or three backs who you can rotate around. I agree we need to change Willis in the backfield for someone that we can rely on if necessary, but Johnson isn't that man.

FM
    How do you know McLain can not handle that load, he seems to be doing just fine now, IMO if he were to start conditioning himself for such I think he would do just fine look how long the Bus was able to do it for.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I am not saying McLian is not good....he is very good btn the tackles, but that's it. He can't catch well and can't turn the corner. He is very one dimensional and every def knows where he is going on every carry.

It's just not going to work in the long term.

FM

I am not saying McLian is not good....he is very good btn the tackles, but that's it. He can't catch well and can't turn the corner. He is very one dimensional and every def knows where he is going on every carry.

It's just not going to work in the long term
    LJ as 17 catches for 74 yards this season.

McClain has 19 catches for 123 yards and a TD. While neither lights it up receiving wise, I take McClain over LJ in the receiving department.

McLain has 10 TD's, LJ only has 5 and he is the premier back in KC (supposedly). If your point about opposing defenses knows where he is going is accurate, that's all the more reason to keep him -- they know he is coming AND still cant stop him.

This isnt even a close debate. :insane:

Yeah, we have no need for LJ. McClain has just begun and has a lot of time and tred left on the tires. Not to mention is a part of a great running team, not a feature back, we no longer need not do I want a 'feature back'.

I think on O a burner WR is probably the best thing we should shop for.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!