Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shanahan gets the axe

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Things didnt work out for Mike Holmgren either as GM.

When are these coaches gonna learn the 2 jobs dont mix.
    Yeah..I've read that people agree that 1 person doing 2 jobs like that isn't good.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Shanahan gets the axe

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I guess now he can spend more time in the tanning bed. It sure must be sunny up the Rocky Mountains!

That is really the heart of this story. He had a playoff-ready team (7-3), who had played in the AFC Championship the year before, when he decided to switch QBs. They ended up missing the playoffs that year ('06), missed again in '07 (7-9), and historically collapsed in '08. Not only did they lose to their divisional rival in a defacto playoff game, they had a 50-burger hung on them.

If that doesn't get you fired, what the heck does?

Meanwhile, 2 unknown rookie coaches- with rookie QBs -guided their teams through tough divisions and into the playoffs. Maybe its time to stop viewing Shanny as such a SuperCoach.

I remember that. I think he figgered Plummer had taken them as far as he could and it was time for next, and he had the job security to make the move, bite the bullet, and reap the reward. he hasn't fixed the d, and he's know for years it needed work. I agree wi the above point that Shanahan the GM was the real problem.
    hysterical if he ended up back in Oakland. I heard KC wants him...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)