Growing up in and living in Severna Park, I have had a couple opportunities to interact with the Bisciotti's from playing golf with him and his wife, friends of mine being really good friends with Steve and a family member being very close to Steve's mom. Everyone talks about the quality of the guy and while I am certainly biased, there is a lot of objective information from how he has built a billion dollar business basically from nothing and how he treats family and friends.

I had just finished playing a cold round of golf with a friend in 2001 when he recieved a phone call from Bisciotti to hear that Bisciotti was offering him his last ticket to the SB 35 including airfare on chartered flight. Pretty cool moment albeit a jealous one for me.

I was completey enthused when local rumors arose about Bisciotti considering buying the team. A local sports fan, deeply rooted in the Colts and a lifelong resident of the area. I knew it would be good news. Bisciotti is known as a guy who just seems to always make the right decisions and in the end, succeed.

There was a lot debate early this year with the firing of Billick that Biscotti had no idea how to run a football team and that his billion dollar business was no measurement for potential success in the NFl. There wasn't a person who knew Steve that doubted that he would probably be right with this "gut" decision this time as well.

From 5-11 to 11-5 with a rookie QB and a rookie coach. Playoff bound and a team that appears to exude more than what people expect. Biscotti fired a proven NFL coach and replaced him with a special teams coach because he felt that Harbaugh had something special. Nothing he could really put his finger on but there was something special. Oh how he was right.

If Biscotti finds a way to keep this defense together for a couple more years and with the emerging offense, we could be at the top for many seasons.

I would have to say Biscotti was right with his firing of Billick and hiring of Harbaugh. He said it was his hardest decision ever. He showed the courage and trust in himself and pulled the trigger. Kudos to Steve! His decision chnaged the complexion of this team as well as the outcome of this season. Maybe he should be the MVP?

from the ravens webpage:

1. Owner Steve Bisciotti – when head coach John Harbaugh was hired as head football coach it was because of Steve Bisciotti. He was really the only one who was ready to make a ‘drastic’ change at the head coaching position, even after he had committed publicly to retaining Brian Billick a few weeks earlier. It was a needed move. Everything the Ravens have attained from that point on stems from his decision. Although I was admittedly concerned that Bisciotti would not let Harbaugh be Harbaugh, especially after his remark about keeping Ray Lewis for 2009 and beyond perhaps prematurely, it seems he has let Harbaugh run the team as he sees fit. Kudos to Steve Bisciotti for doing his job. The fans certainly deserved it. (Looming ticket increases for next year are another subject for another time)

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...0&view=archive