Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something I noticed about the play calling yesterday

In the beginning of the game it seemed like we were playing against the Steelers. Run up the middle, run up the middle, run to the right, etc. When the Jags put up that TD it seemed to wake up Cameron and he let Flacco loose. 297 yards later we destroy them. I wonder if Cameron was trying to save some plays for next week or what?

Re: Something I noticed about the play calling yesterday

I agree. As cliche as it is, we played to win this game instead of playing not to lose like we've done against Pitt both times this year. It's great seeing the flea flickers and passes back to Troy, and I expect to see more of it in Miami. If Joe can continue the mistake free play, we win.

I think Cam was baiting the Jags. He has done that a lot this season. Look at the play when Flacco kept lining up at the wide out spot and we kept handing off the McClain. Then the next play Smith threw it to Flacco, who hit Smith down the sideline for a 36 yard gain.

It was odd to see Flacco split wide three times in a row. I would have preferred that Flacco sell it better, the first two times he jogged his "route".

But that third play was SHWEEEET.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I don't think that it is baiting. It seems more like, if I do this, I want to see what you are going to do. After I know how you are going to respond, then I can tweak the situation to my advantage.

When he first does it, he is looking to see their response, then he knows if the play should go in or out, across the field or reverse back, or just decoy to open something else.

It is definitely interesting to watch, and I try to watch what I can when it first happens but it is not easy with the limited TV angles of the field, and my desire to watch the actual ball path and take my eyes off things like did Flacco start a downfield sprint or did he move into the backfield after the snap. Fortunately Cam knows what response he got and what he can now do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I don't think that it is baiting. It seems more like, if I do this, I want to see what you are going to do. After I know how you are going to respond, then I can tweak the situation to my advantage.

When he first does it, he is looking to see their response, then he knows if the play should go in or out, across the field or reverse back, or just decoy to open something else.

It is definitely interesting to watch, and I try to watch what I can when it first happens but it is not easy with the limited TV angles of the field, and my desire to watch the actual ball path and take my eyes off things like did Flacco start a downfield sprint or did he move into the backfield after the snap. Fortunately Cam knows what response he got and what he can now do with it.
    At the risk of admitting gross stupidity, I must admit that I'm still getting used to watching offensive football from that perspective.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

When he first does it, he is looking to see their response, then he knows if the play should go in or out, across the field or reverse back, or just decoy to open something else..

Hehehe, you just described "baiting". :)

Are we about to describe Cameron as a Master-'Baiter'?

Lol

Cam has definitely opened up the playbook since the Pittsburgh flop. No doubt he was trying to save some yesterday, but I guess they realized they wanted to leave nothing to chance. Better to get on top and rest some starters than get in a slugfest but keep the playbook shielded.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Hehehe, you just described "baiting". :)
    Cam is the Master at that.... I like it too though... LMAO!!!

We see more of those plays when the staff sees a weakness in the D that will allow them to be successful. Hence, for instance, Clayton's big day in Cincy.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'm willing to bet CamCam has a few more tricks up his sleeve. We keep hearing how he's used up or opend up his whole playbook... I don't think so... I'm willing to bet he has more in store for the post season.
    4 more games to go boyz!
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!