Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Surprising Quote from Sizzle

"Is it possible that it might be some of our last games at M&T? Yeah. But that's why we need to take care of business. If this is our last time around, we'd better make it good.

"But it doesn't feel like that. We respect each other enough to know that we might have to give up a little. I think by some miracle - and I truly believe this - that all three of us [Lewis, Scott and himself] will be back here. None of us is approaching it like this will be our last time in Baltimore."

The second part is really what shocks me, and it's really good to hear. He has always said this is a business, but it's sounding like he's realizing what this team can do with an offense and the linebacking corps we have. In other interviews, I've heard him talking more about how awesome the fans are and how much fun he's having. This could be good for us...

Re: Surprising Quote from Sizzle

I get the feeling Suggs wants to go play close to home (Arizona) I could be wrong, but he would go there be the center of that defense. Personally, I dont think losing him would literally kill us. It will leave us some room under the cap to spend in free agency and help lock up Ray. I think Scott would take a little less then market value to stay a Raven.

Winning really helps. I have been optimistic all along that we will keep all 3. Because they all have high cap numbers right now, extending them even at fair market value should not increase the hit dramatically, and in the case of Suggs and Ray may be lower than the 8-9M each they count now.

The rest of the percieved holes, CB, WR, OL, have been pretty much closed. there is still a place for a #1 WR, but they can draft one now that we have a QB. I do not see any reason to blow the team up after this kind of season. There will be enough roster turnover via the draft and some free agents coming and going, but there is not a regular starter I want to replace with a big money FA.

I dont want all three if it kills our ability to draft to our needs.

It's a a nice thing to ponder but in reality we will more than likely have let one of those three go -- probably Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I dont want all three if it kills our ability to draft to our needs.

It's a a nice thing to ponder but in reality we will more than likely have let one of those three go -- probably Scott.
    But if all three of them are willing to take less so that there is enough money to sign them all plus what we need next year, then we have to do it.

If Ray, Bart, and Sizzle all put the team above themselves, they will be immortalized in this city forever. Especially Ray. They will be kings of Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But if all three of them are willing to take less so that there is enough money to sign them all plus what we need next year, then we have to do it.

If Ray, Bart, and Sizzle all put the team above themselves, they will be immortalized in this city forever. Especially Ray. They will be kings of Baltimore.
    You really think one or all three will take less to stay here?

Again, it's a nice thing to think about but the business side of this tells me one of those three will be on another team next season.

Im willing to bet two of those three (Suggs and Scott) are more concerned about their fiscal future then the way Baltimore history will view them.

Again, it's a nice thing to think about but the business side of this tells me one of those three will be on another team next season.

Im willing to bet two of those three (Suggs and Scott) are more concerned about their fiscal future then the way Baltimore history will view them.
    Scott has done it before, Ray should not have to. I am telling you if Dallas can spend all that money, we can keep our LB core together. The cap is just an excuse to not spend money. They can find a way to do it if they want to.

Just because a team offers a bigger "contract" does not mean the player will make more money by taking the deal.

I think most of the other NFL players know it is better to be a Raven defender than on most other teams, and it may very well extend your playing years.

Suggs has made some great comments and I believe these guys might be willing to take a little less to stay here and win and realize Joe Flacco is only going to get better and and we could win some Super Bowls!!!!!

Well, we are about to find out, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The rest of the percieved holes, CB, WR, OL, have been pretty much closed. there is still a place for a #1 WR,.
    Agree, but really see the need for a CB greater than that.
    CMac is probably gone unless he comes back at a very reduced price.
    Rolle has health and age issues, can't see getting a full season out of him.
    Fabian may step up, but Walker if he had been defending someone with better hands.....

I also see some young LBs moving close to starter consideration.
    It would be great to have all 3 starting LBs back, but with cap implications I'm not sure it is going to happen... I see teams like N.O. who desperately
    need a WLB and am expecting Scott to get huge offers elsewhere. Does he turn down guarenteed financial security for the rest of his life to stay here?
    There were extension talks last April, and he does seem to want to stay a Raven or are other dollars just too mind-blowing.

The talk sounds good, and I'd like to see it, but I am not real hopeful.

The cap is just an excuse to not spend money. They can find a way to do it if they want to
    And become a clone of the Snyder-ruined Redskins? No thanks. No player(s) is worth that nightmare.

I think most of the other NFL players know it is better to be a Raven defender than on most other teams, and it may very well extend your playing years.
    You know the same number of NFL players as I do and that number rhymes with "hero". Care to enlighten us on how you know this to be true?

Because all I see thoughout this league are players who seek out the best and biggest contract which trumps any sort of sentimental attachment to a city.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I get the feeling Suggs wants to go play close to home (Arizona) I could be wrong, but he would go there be the center of that defense. Personally, I dont think losing him would literally kill us. It will leave us some room under the cap to spend in free agency and help lock up Ray. I think Scott would take a little less then market value to stay a Raven.
    Suggs has said nothing remotely close to wanting to go home to Arizona. I think he is having an affair with Rex I think he would have his child. I think there is a genuine love for this town and his fellow players. If Ray were to leave and RR were to leave....then... I could see him relocating....No way that is the sentiment now!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens