Our 5 Losses in 2008

The only teams that beat us this season are all higher seeds that are all in the playoffs this year. Even in the losses, the squealers beat us twice by a total of 7 points (1 in OT), and TENN beat us with a bogus call on Suggs by 3 points. Other than the stupid losses to IND and NYG, we are every bit as good as any team this year!! Best part is we are "under the radar" with not much love coming our way from the media.

YOU GOTTA LOVE OUR CHANCES GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!

Re: Our 5 Losses in 2008

I feel like the only game we really got blown out in was the Colts game. The match up is simply horrible for us, they are the only team I would not want to face in the playoffs. Lucky for us it would have to happen in the AFC Championship game if it did (random: could you imagine playing them again in a big game? Flashbacks of 2006 would haunt my dreams).

The Giants game we were in it at the end of the 3rd quarter until the Mason shoulder bounce INT/TD return. I think Flacco has gotten better and would feel much more confident if we had to face them again.

1 game at a time...but I agree I think we can beat anyone...you never know.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

what's truly amazing is how we have never once had a scare against the mediocre to bad teams we played this year...we handled them ALL well. And we killed the bengals who have finished strong, we killed the Texans who are as good as the Dolphins, IMO, and we killed the Dolphins. Not to mention manhandling the Eagles and Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    what's truly amazing is how we have never once had a scare against the mediocre to bad teams we played this year...we handled them ALL well. And we killed the bengals who have finished strong, we killed the Texans who are as good as the Dolphins, IMO, and we killed the Dolphins. Not to mention manhandling the Eagles and Redskins.
    Great point. In years past we always played those teams close, even when we were good. That was because we never had a good offense. With a good offense we can actually pound teams into submission...

Love the way the postseason set-up for us. Don't mean to look to far ahead but I love the matchup in Miami. Couple that with our matchup against the Titans, and I love our chances to make the AFC Championship. :happyanim

However, one game at a time is the only way to approach the playoffs.

WE'RE HUNTING BABY!:ww:

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    and TENN beat us with a bogus call on Suggs by 3 points
    Wrong.

Yes, it was a bad call but there were 8 plays between the penalty and the Titans scoring -- we failed to shut them down.

We beat ourselves that game. Perfectly winable but the D decided to take a nap at a crucial time in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Wrong.

Yes, it was a bad call but there were 8 plays between the penalty and the Titans scoring -- we failed to shut them down.

We beat ourselves that game. Perfectly winable but the D decided to take a nap at a crucial time in the game.
    You do realize that call came on 3rd and 10 on their 20 yard line. Instead of 4th and 10, and most likely a punt (considering their field position with 5:57 left in the game) they had 1st and 10 on the 35 with plenty of time.

A penalty like that is a game changer, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    You do realize that call came on 3rd and 10 on their 20 yard line. Instead of 4th and 10, and most likely a punt (considering their field position with 5:57 left in the game) they had 1st and 10 on the 35 with plenty of time.

A penalty like that is a game changer, no question.
    Momentum killer, for sure.

But again, 8 plays went by and our D took a breather. Those 8 plays get over-looked by those who want to blame some boogy man for our loss.

Bad calls happen in the legaue. It's how you respond to them that makes the difference.

We failed to respond to a bad call.

Wink Re: Our 5 Losses in 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sh0time View Post
    Love the way the postseason set-up for us. Don't mean to look to far ahead but I love the matchup in Miami. Couple that with our matchup against the Titans, and I love our chances to make the AFC Championship. :happyanim

However, one game at a time is the only way to approach the playoffs.

WE'RE HUNTING BABY!:ww:
    I prefer to think ahead to the Super Bowl. "One game at a time" is coach-talk for the players - no applicability to fans, especially for road games.

The Colts have our number, so I am hoping for either the Chargers or Steelers to knock them off. The Ravens are certainly competitive with both the Titans and Steelers. Maybe one of the critical bad calls will go our way this time to even things out with both these teams, to get us to Tampa.

Looking ahead past the Dolphins? You betcha!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

We are the team you don't want to play right now.

Time To Hunt

Get Up Fans

Go Ravens
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/B]
    Attached Images Attached Images