Fly into Orlando

If you are looking to head down to Miami this weekend you can get flights for under $200 still if you fly southwest through Orlando, which is only a 2 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale... If you are flexible and can come home Tuesday it is even cheaper....

Re: Fly into Orlando

The drive is longer at 218 miles between the Orlando airport and the Fort Lauderdale airport. You are looking at a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive....

Orlando to Miami is about a 5 hour drive. Tampa is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm thinking I may just wait to see if we are going to Nashville the following week. I can only afford one trip and a divisional game has more signifigance. If we win that we may be going to Pittsburgh, and I can make a day trip out of that one.

Don't forget Ft. Myers (airport code RSW) - about 2.5 hrs.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Orlando to Miami is about a 5 hour drive. Tampa is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm thinking I may just wait to see if we are going to Nashville the following week. I can only afford one trip and a divisional game has more signifigance. If we win that we may be going to Pittsburgh, and I can make a day trip out of that one.
    If we win we are going to Tennessee. I wonder how long of a drive that is...

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    If we win we are going to Tennessee. I wonder how long of a drive that is...
    I went to college in Nashville. It is about an 11 hour drive from Baltimore.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I went to college in Nashville. It is about an 11 hour drive from Baltimore.
    That's not too bad, I would imagine tickets would be pretty expensive. Hmmm, I'll have to think about it long and hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Hmmm, I'll have to think about it long and hard.
    Sorry, but THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!
    :happyanim

Wink Re: Fly into Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDavey View Post
    The drive is longer at 218 miles between the Orlando airport and the Fort Lauderdale airport. You are looking at a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive....

and

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Orlando to Miami is about a 5 hour drive. Tampa is about a 5 1/2 hour drive. I'm thinking I may just wait to see if we are going to Nashville the following week.
    What?

I make this drive frequently. Rather, from Cocoa Beach, approx the same distance but a slower route, partially on A1A. I made it to Dolphin Stadium tailgate lots (which is quite north of the Miami traffic mess) last October in 2:45. The speed limit is 70 mph most of the way, and north of West Plam Beach, traffic flow moves around 78-82 mph.

I chose Miami because getting reasonably priced tickets with other Ravens fans was easy. Plus the weather is guaranteed. If the Ravens march on to Nashville, I may go down looking for a single, but let's see the weather forecast first! That game in Buffalo yesterday was unbelievable.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Go out of HAGERSTOWN to Orlando/Sanford for $138 round trip. Parking is free and security is quick and easy.

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaRes/aaBookingFlow_1.php