Thread: Why Not?!

Why Not?!

I ask you. Why not. We have nothing to lose this season. It was a successful year four weeks ago. We're playing aswell as any team in the league. Why not just go all the way?

Admittedly this may be the Jack and Coke talking but hell, I'm game. Ravens in Tampa? Why not!

Re: Why Not?!

Because we may have to go through Indy to do it. I'm not purposely trying to pop that bubble UK, but I don't think we go into Indy and beat the Colts.

Personally, I maintain what I have since our 8th win. Everything past that is just gravy on top of a great season. If we went one-and-done (which I don't think we'll do), I will be no less happy with the Ravens considering where I thought they'd be.

Now, I think we get to the AFC Championship game. If what I am hearing about Rothlesberger is correct, Pittsburgh won't be a factor. I believe we can beat Miami. And I think we can beat Tennessee considering we almost did the first time.

But if we have to go to Indy, I think that is as far as we get. And that will be ok with me.

It appears Ben is going to be OK as of right now, I think they can win with Leftwich also, he did well when he had to step in earlier this year and doesn't have a habit of holding on to the ball too long like Ben does. Should be a good rematch between Indy and Pittsburgh since I expect them to at least make it to the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Because we may have to go through Indy to do it. I'm not purposely trying to pop that bubble UK, but I don't think we go into Indy and beat the Colts.
    There are a number of routes we may end up taking. I do have the feeling that we can beat Miami again, could beat the Titans, and that could take us into either Indi or Pit. or somewhere else.

We are not geared up to beat the Colts - but why worry.

We can beat anyone and lose to anyone .. simple fact...

I say we can go all the way ...... !!! LETS DO THIS !!

LETS GO FLACCO and GO RAVENS !!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    We can beat anyone and lose to anyone .. simple fact...

I say we can go all the way ...... !!! LETS DO THIS !!

LETS GO FLACCO and GO RAVENS !!!

We have faced Miami, Indy, and Tenn this year. We know what to expect. Plus, we have some serious momentum going.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I agree that we don't match up well with Indy. But Indy will have to play San Diego and Pittsburgh (if we beat Miami). Either of those two teams could beat Indy and do us a favor.

If we could play
    1. Miami
    2. Tennessee
    3. San Diego or Pittsburgh

then I think we have an excellent shot at making it.

Interesting that some in the media are starting to hop on the Ravens bandwagon (Jaworski, Collingsworth). Page 2 Gallo gives us the 4th best odds of getting to the Super Bowl.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl

Freeman at CBS sportsline is reviving the 2000 story and the parallels with this team
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/11195681

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Interesting that some in the media are starting to hop on the Ravens bandwagon (Jaworski, Collingsworth). Page 2 Gallo gives us the 4th best odds of getting to the Super Bowl.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl
    Gallo's pieces are usually all satire (and very funny). Not sure how much he really believes in those odds.

we beat miami
    go to tenn. beat them
    then go to Shittsburg and beat them, no way they beat us three times.
    then on to Tampa to play the Giants again.
    that would be awsome:happyanim