Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Nestor/NST reaches new low

So Sinclair's wife and any kids he might have weren't affected? This girl's parents aren't affected? This girl obviously has some kind of psychological issues or she wouldn't be blowing some old guy (and it isn't like he is a good looking 61). She is 16, even at 18 she is immature. She is an immature young lady with obvious problems and this guy took advantage of that to get a blow job.
    Hmm, I did miss out on the family part. The idea remains the same though, what he did was pretty stupid, but not criminal

About the girl though, great job judging her. Do you know her? Are you her shrink? You can have any opinion you want regarding her mental health, but don't just go assuming she's mad just because she gave a blowjob. Is it possible that she has problems? Of course. However, none of us know exactly what happened, under what circumstances. We all think the guy's a swine, but it's a longer shot to call him manipulative. For all we know, the girl manipulated him

Just to be perfectly clear: it's only OK for 60 year-old men to boink adolescent girls when they can talk them into it.

When you get older you'll realize that you really didn't know everything when you were a teenager
    As opposed to knowing everything when I turn 40 or 60? No one knows everything, but everyone has a point of view, and it would be nice of y'all not to dismiss someone's opinion just because they're younger. If Einstein had come up with his relativity theory when he was 13, it wouldn't have been any less valid (and no, I'm by no means comparing myself to Einstein or any genious)

a growing number of policymakers are embracing the notion that adolescent pregnancy rates can be lowered and welfare costs reduced if states more rigorously enforce statutory rape laws prohibiting sex ual intercourse between adults and minors.
    That would be attacking the consequences, not the cause. Making it illegal for teenagers to have sex isn't going to magically remove their natural urges, not is it going to make men start finding older women more attractive than young ones. This is a cultural and educational problem, not a judicial or political one. I'm sure there's a number of parents here who can attest to the fact that prohibiting their child to do something isn't gonna make them stop wanting to do it, or maybe even stop them from doing it at all

It also directs the attorney general to implement a program to study the connection between statutory rape and adolescent pregnancy, with particular attention to "predatory older men."
    And where are the studies about the connection between sex ed and teenage pregnancy, with particular attention to abstinence programs? When looking at causes for a problem, all the possibilites should be examined, not just the ones we like or don't like. By focusing this issue on the "predatory old men", they're taking their eyes away from the other aspects of the problem

I'm sure there's a number of parents here who can attest to the fact that prohibiting their child to do something isn't gonna make them stop wanting to do it, or maybe even stop them from doing it at all

They aren't prohibiting the kids, they are enforcing laws against the ADULTS who are fucking the kids. Obviously, you want to make the argument that its okay for young people to fuck adults because you'd like to get laid. If you can't figure out that a girl at 16 SHOULDN'T be interested in a dirty old man, then there is no arguing with you. If you want to make the argument about a 16 yr old blowing a 22 yr old, then there'd be more of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor
    Umm, look, I was only commenting on Drew's gratitious swipe at our current Governor - Drew said "Maybe our next new Governor will take that one on". I was just pointing out that he didn't pass the friggin' Law. That's not his role. On the other hand, the GENERAL ASSEMBLY did. That is their role. Understand?

If the GENERAL ASSEMBLY didn't liked what the Gov. - any Gov. - was influencing, they wouldn't pass the Law. If you've been paying any attention to anything at all recently, that would be pretty evident to you.

And, BTW, the age of consent law has been on the books since BEFORE Ehrlich took office, so Drew's original statement had absolutely NO merit whatsoever. My prior post was made when this thread was still on the main board, so I wasn't going to bring politics into it - although that is what Drew did - so I just made it a generic statement about Governors not being the ones passing the Laws.
    Drew also made a generic statement about the law and the Gov. and you came back with your smart ass comment.

If you have been paying attention to anything at all recently you would realize the governor of a state is a highly influential person in determining what laws get passed or don't get passed.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

About the girl though, great job judging her. Do you know her? Are you her shrink? You can have any opinion you want regarding her mental health, but don't just go assuming she's mad just because she gave a blowjob. Is it possible that she has problems? Of course. However, none of us know exactly what happened, under what circumstances. We all think the guy's a swine, but it's a longer shot to call him manipulative. For all we know, the girl manipulated him
    I would bet that any 16 or 18 year old girl giving an old guy a blow job, one she has just met, has some serious issues to resolve. Please, how many girls this age that are normal psychologically are going to be blowing some old guy, for any reason?

If you have been paying attention to anything at all recently you would realize the governor of a state is a highly influential person in determining what laws get passed or don't get passed.
    WHAT? If you have been paying attention to anything at all you would see the governor can't get anything he wants, LIKE SLOTS, passed and he can't stop the legislature from what they want even if he hates it (WalMart bill, early voting in only some locations, one other). Thankfully they were all struck down because they weren't Constitutional. The current governor can't get anything through those partisan asswipes now running our legislature, even if it is something like slots most of them have supported in the past.

How are a 60-year-old man and a 22-year-old man different? I mean, perhaps the older one has some plumbing issues, but other than that it's pretty much the same. A young man can have any of the qualities and any of the vices of any old man

People in the world SHOULD love to eat cabbage and broccoli, but, wait a second, it's a taste! No one can control what they like themselves, let alone what others like

Odds are that a relationship between an old man and a young woman wouldn't be really healthy (unless the young woman is manipulating the old man, in that case it's perfectly acceptable, right?), but that doesn't give anyone the right to judge any relationship based solely on age. Either way, this is hardly a relationship we're talking about, it's a one-night stand, not even. Did anyone bother to ask the girl whether SHE wanted to give the old man a blowjob? Oh, no, she's not 18 yet, she's too stupid to make her own decisions, right?

Obviously, you want to make the argument that its okay for young people to fuck adults because you'd like to get laid
    Obviously, you want to make the argument that it's NOT okay for teenagers to screw with adults because you're in denial about finding Lindsay Lohan attractive

Oh, wait, neither of us are shrinks!

I would bet that any 16 or 18 year old girl giving an old guy a blow job, one she has just met, has some serious issues to resolve. Please, how many girls this age that are normal psychologically are going to be blowing some old guy, for any reason?
    How many have you asked? How many answered honestly? Were you a 16-year-old girl once? Do you know what reason she had for blowing him?

Perhaps she has some issues to solve, indeed. Maybe she needs to get over finding older men hot, or maybe she needed to find another way to make a quick 20 bucks. Hard issues to deal with!
    Last edited by RavensInBrazil; 09-01-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination
    Drew also made a generic statement about the law and the Gov. and you came back with your smart ass comment.

Oh please give it a rest - how is pointing out that the legislative branch is responsible for enacting laws being a smart ass? I was simply pointing out that the age of consent law has nothing to do with who the present Gov is.

Drew's comments were not generic - his target was clear - and he was also off base (since the age of consent law has been on the books for years).

As far as whether the Gov has influence or not, sure he does, but it's not his job to PASS the laws - that is the role of the legislative branch under the seperation of powers doctrine. Of course, the Gov has more influence when he and legislature are of the same party. As Greg already said, if you really think that Ehrlich has much of any influence over the present legislature, then you really haven't been paying much attention.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 09-01-2006 at 05:24 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I finally thought of something that Erlich DOES influence in our state. And he most certainly doesn't need the general assembly for this task.

Erlich is completely free to pick the moving company of his choice to move all of his stuff out of the state house in late December.

I just looked it up. It's true.

I finally thought of something that Erlich DOES influence in our state. And he most certainly doesn't need the general assembly for this task.

Erlich is completely free to pick the moving company of his choice to move all of his stuff out of the state house in late December.

Out of ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by df1570

Good one, Drew.

Too bad you couldn't come up with anything better to support your silly assertion.

Now, RD, do you still think Drew's original statement was "generic". ;)
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Why in hell would anybody support O'Malley. The guy has been a horrible mayor. Ehrlich balanced a budget left a mess from the last yahoo the dead people of Baltimore voted in.

How are a 60-year-old man and a 22-year-old man different? I mean, perhaps the older one has some plumbing issues, but other than that it's pretty much the same. A young man can have any of the qualities and any of the vices of any old man
    Dude, there is a maturity that should come with age. The interests of people so disparete in age also can't be compatible. If this old guy is into the same music and culture the 16 year old is, something is wrong with one of them. That is just natural.

Generally people date to find mates to spend their life with, to raise a family with, there is a reason why this is not natural.

And finally, if they had known each other and over time developed an affection for one another that would be one thing, this was just some old coot getting a blowjob from a girl who is young enough to be his grand daughter. It isn't natural and a mature man shouldn't be involved in such things.

Greg, why are you telling me something I pretty much already agreed to? Obviously, people with that big an age difference are highly unlikely to be able to have a good relationship...it's not impossible, but not probable

Like I said, this is pretty much a one-time thing. What's the big deal? Everyone likes or used to like one-night stands, it's just two people having fun. If both parties get something out of it, so what? If the girl is already willing to give the guy a blowjob, actually doing it won't make much of a difference in the end

This thing about "natural" though bugs me. It's fine if you disagree with certain behaviour, but when it's none of your business, so what? It wouldn't be "natural" if went on an elevator and stood with my back to the door, but that isn't really cause for commotion, is it? What is "natural" anyway? What's found in nature (thus excluding pretty much everything we do)? Aren't WE a part of nature? Or perhaps it's just not what's commonly sociably acceptable, but in that case, I'm sure there's a better word to be used

Look, we all agree that the guy probably didn't make the best decision in his life, nor the girl, but in the end it's none of our bee's wax. The only difference here is that this is related to a sexual conduct, but sex is just a part of our lives, as anything else. I thought the United States were founded on the principle of freedom, not of taboos

I thought the United States were founded on the principle of freedom, not of taboos

In half of our states, he'd be in jail for getting a bj from a 16 yr old. This isn't just about the law in the state of MD. Its about what is morally right. A married man manipulating someone who clearly isn't an adult into sucking his dick is morally reprehensible but of course you see nothing wrong with that because you want to be treated as an adult.