Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens v. Jaguars moved to 4:15

Just to stave off further confusion, the original post was edited after we received official word from the Ravens. What you see at the top is the press release directly from the RavensPR Department.

Sorry for the confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post

which sort of could take alot of the fun/atmosphere out of the game....if NE loses Harbaugh should sit as many players as possible and treat it like the bye that they never had.
    I agree that it could take away from the atmosphere, but resting guys such as Mason, Washington, McGahee and Willie Anderson could prove to be really important come playoff time. With that said, I don't see the Pats losing to Buffalo, so something tells me that it won't matter anyway.

Wink Re: Ravens v. Jaguars moved to 4:15

All-day tailgating in Lot J .... we should get Deion etc. down for a final game at Texas stadium type story.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Looks like chilly night game with a chance of showers :

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...6&from=weekend
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

If NE loses.....

Folks, NE ain't gonna lose. No how, no way.

The Bills should've beaten the Jets two weeks ago, they did beat the Broncos on Sunday. I don't think it's overly likely but I wouldn't write it off completely, the Bills are playing the role of spoiler quite well at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    If NE loses.....

Folks, NE ain't gonna lose. No how, no way.
    The Bills will play NE tough especially at home, the Bills can close out their season at 8-8 at home and eliminate a divsion rival not to mention that they are a different team with Edwards than Losman....

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    The Bills will play NE tough especially at home, the Bills can close out their season at 8-8 at home and eliminate a divsion rival not to mention that they are a different team with Edwards than Losman....
    Okay. I that light I give the Bills a ... 5% chance in winning. NE is hitting on all cylinders right now. Bad weather doesn't faze 'em. The Bills beating Denver- barely- doesn't say much either as Denver sucks now. SD should beat Denver for the west title next week. But yeah it would be great if Buffalo wins.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    BR.com ....

"Dec 22, 2008, 12:00 PM: The start time of this Sunday's Ravens-Jaguars game at M&T Bank Stadium has been moved from 1:00 to a 4:15pm."

How am I reading that wrong?
    Wasn't referring to your post. And my post doesn't even address the Ravens game.

I'm on my Blackberry and can't look it up right now, but does NE losing automatically give the Ravens the spot?

Doesn't Miami have to lose as well and the Jets win the East?

The SUN today stated:

"Even if the Jaguars delivered the upset - Jacksonville has lost five of its past six games - the Ravens would still reach the postseason if New England falters, too.

The Ravens would own the tiebreaker over the Patriots if they finish with the same record (by virtue of conference record).

They would also have the edge over whichever team loses between the Dolphins (the Ravens won the head-to-head meeting) and the Jets (the Ravens would have the better overall record).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,3099835.story"

Game Time Changed to 4:15

The NFL thinks it's doing a good thing but in reality it makes no sense.

They have moved our game, the Miami/NYJ, and the Dallas/Philly game to 4:15.

Someone please explain to me how this makes sense. NE plays at 1 and if they win, then the Jets are officially eliminated. Although I have no love loss for NE, I would be furious if I were them.

If the Jets know at or close to kickoff of their game that they've been eliminated, that could play a HUGE factor in how they play vs the Dolphins.

Why not just keep all the games at 1 and guarantee all of them to have the most meaning. I know the company line about ratings but honestly, if the Jets are eliminate before they even kick off, how dramatic will that be?

And of course, as a Ravens season ticket holder, I'd much rather have the game at 1.

What do you all think?

PP