Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Mark Clayton is Turning It UP!

His stiff-arm was awesome. What is it with this team, do they coach that? I've seen a number of great stiff-arms froom Ravens players this year, Le'Ron cleared out a cowboy with one on his TD run.

I am beginning to have second thoughts. I was not on board with Clayton. Over the past few weeks though, I am liking what I am seeing. I am not ready to tag him as a playmaker receiver...yet. He is starting to come to life though. I was hard on the guy, as I expect better from him. He is slowly proving me wrong.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The problem is that Clayton and Mason are the same type of receiver. They are both great number 2s. I believe Mason and Clayton will be back next year and they need to get a true number 1. I think next year will more than likely be Mason's last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    I still don't get how people over look his 2006 season where he broke out and had 900+ yards and 5 tds... Clayton was then hurt a lot of 2007. He grew with Flacco this season. So next year with him and possibly mason and a new game changing target, I think we will see a new offense
    I'm pretty sure he was playing the slot receiver position that year. He's much better suited there than at the wide out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    He blocks extraordinarily well down-field given his size and has shown a knack for the big play. He's a tougher, more durable, though slightly less elusive Deion Branch circa his New England days.

The Ravens have the makings of a special NFL offense - Mark Clayton should be a part of that going forward if you ask me. He can be to Joe Flacco what Branch was to Brady. I really believe that.
    I highlighted these sections of your post because I like the Brady/Branch reference. People forget that New England didn't win their Super Bowls with Randy Moss, they won them with Tom Brady and a bunch of Mark Clayton's. Team oriented, do your job type WR's. A QB makes a great WR, not vice versa. With our defense and a group of solid but unspectacular WR's we can go places. The fact of the matter is you can't have a team of all stars on defense and pay for a big time WR, there isn't enough money. Not to mention people say we need a #1 receiver but not like a T.O., well name one that isn't like T.O.? All big time #1 WR's are head cases, except maybe guys like Colston or Boldin.

Or Wayne,
    Harrison,
    Roddy White,
    Dwayne Bowe,
    Andre Johnson,
    Calvin Johnson,
    Lee Evans,
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Since Mark had another awesome game .. I pulled this back to the top of the pile ...

I think Clayton and Mason are everything we need with the run game we have. Get Heap in the Mix and Quinn back and BAMMMMMM ....

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Or Wayne,
    Harrison,
    Roddy White,
    Dwayne Bowe,
    Andre Johnson,
    Calvin Johnson,
    Lee Evans,
    If you think any one of those receivers are in T.O., Randy Moss, or even Chad Johnsons category you are crazy. I'll give you Harrison, but it doesn't hurt that he has maybe the best QB ever throwing him the ball.
    Last edited by RavensDomination; 12-28-2008 at 11:54 PM.

9. Re: Mark Clayton is Turning It UP!

I think it's just the fact that Flacco's getting comfortable with the offense and his receivers:happyanim

Clayton is definitely making plays on the ball. These last few weeks, we have seen great productivity out of the guy. He has not had great games against solid defenses, but think he has really began to find his confidence, and Joe Flacco is a large contributing factor. A rookie QB has helped develop his team in ways that were unexpected. I am truly excited for the future of this team. Flacco, Clayton, all of them.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Ive always pimped Clayton, even last year. He did well 2 yrs ago and then went into a funk.

But he had Boller back then who left receivers stretched out and reaching back leaving them out to dry. He never if seldom led them.

Now Clayton has someone leading the throws like at Oklahoma.

He said in beginning of camp that Joe would start by week 3. Of course that was before the injuries and the rest is history.

We still need a top WR in the likes of TO and Boston, but with better attitudes, of course.
    Also, Boller didn't have the pass protection that Flacco is getting now. It was harder for him to connect with his receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    If you think any one of those receivers are in T.O., Randy Moss, or even Chad Johnsons category you are crazy. I'll give you Harrison, but it doesn't hurt that he has maybe the best QB ever throwing him the ball.
    Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL, hands down. Imagine if he played for a good team, he would be scary.

Also I believe at least half my list had a better year than your coveted head cases.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!