Any OL That Have Shaken Loose Worth Picking Up?

I read on kffl.com that Jason Fabiani, OT, could lose his starting job in Dallas. Could he be a possibility? Also, I'd pay attention to any OL cut from Indy, Denver, Cincy, or Pitt. With the great starters those teams have in place, some good OL will probably not make the cut, yet be good enough to start elsewhere.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Blog Entries

Re: Any OL That Have Shaken Loose Worth Picking Up?

even if Fabini loses his starting job, he'll probably still be a backup, not a cut/waiver.

Though I would like to have him as a RT starter!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The only name that I have seen as a possibility is Mike Rosenthal in Minn - who apparently is in danger of being cut. He's only 29 (IIRC), and has started a lot of games at RT for the NYG and Minn. He has lost his starting spot in Minn - was playing with the 2nd team on Friday - and, at least according to the Minn paper - is in danger of being cut.

I find that hard to believe - he still would be a valuable reserve for them - but that's the report.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Rosenthal is a possibility I think, their starters at tackle are McKinnie and Marcus Johnson I think, then Adam Goldberg is their top tackle off of the bench. The danger for Rosenthal being cut comes from whether the Vikes new coaching staff are happy with Ryan Cook (rookie OL from New Mexico) as cover for the tackle spots, and from what I've heard they are happy with him.

Most of the OL who get cut won't be worth a damn though unfortunately, no-one is going to cut a starting calibre OT or guard, nobody that gets cut will be an upgrade on four of O-linemen and I doubt there'll be anyone of a significant upgrade on Pashos. Pashos would be a decent enough backup that many teams around the league would keep as a backup, consequently we won't get a sniff at anyone that good.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    Rosenthal is a possibility I think, their starters at tackle are McKinnie and Marcus Johnson I think, then Adam Goldberg is their top tackle off of the bench. The danger for Rosenthal being cut comes from whether the Vikes new coaching staff are happy with Ryan Cook (rookie OL from New Mexico) as cover for the tackle spots, and from what I've heard they are happy with him.
    Yeah, I still have my doubts that he'll get cut. The article mentioned Liewinski, Rosenthal and Goldberg as guys who could be cut. Based on the numbers, it appears that at least one of them will. It may come down to salary/cap savings, but Rosenthal would seem to be an ideal guy to have as your 3rd OT, given his experience and abilities.

If he is cut, there will definitely be a market for him, so we'd have to pony up more coin than they may be willing to do (or can do).

BTW, here's the article from the Minny paper: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...a/15383722.htm
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap