Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens / Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    As a side note, just read this on ESPN....The Ravens are the best D at shutting down a teams TE and second best in shutting down a teams #1 Receiver. How anyone decides these stats is amazing to me but this means that Romo and Patrick Crayton have to beat us.....and Crayton is no Reggie Wayne.
    Maybe its from Football.outsiders.com who ranks us best vs TEs and second vs 1. Wr.

Anyway TEs this season vs Ravens:
    1. Titans: Scaife and Crumpler 9/87 and 1 TD.
    2. Second Browns match: Heiden and K2 7/89
    3. Phins: 6/96
    and
    4. Raiders: 3/61
    and
    5. Eagles: 4/29 and first Steelers match 4/33
    and then close to nothing....
    The other nine games max 2 receptions, and fewer yds. from the TEs. Including first K2 game, Cooley, Utecht and kelly, Texans and Giants, Dallas Clark, and the last Steelers match.

As I can see it Crumpler is the only TE, having a TD against us.

So there you are Witten, not sure you will be a factor, but TO and Williams.. shit. if we can get rid of their runninggame, we migth have a lot 5-6-7 DB plays, I hope.

Damned I really hope Rex Ryan and Fab W and our secondary is ready, if that is the case, we win easily. Not sure Cam, Flacco and our offense can play any worse than they did the last game.

Wink Re: Ravens / Cowboys

1976: Dallas Cowboys 30, Baltimore Colts 27

Bert Jones loses a shoot-out to Roger Staubach

1978: Dallas Cowboys 38, Baltimore Colts 0

Injured Bert Jones and a hapless defense on national TV

First visit to Dallas in 30 years ... it's time for a win!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You and I could whoop Frank Walker.

It's just about reality here. Pittsburgh ran a lot of underneath on us successfully last week, and apparently Romo likes to throw to Jason Whitten. So expect to see them playing over the middle a lot because the safeties are going to be out on CB help all game. That is going to open up TO and Williams to the outside. No way in the world Frank Walker hangs with either of them.

I'm going Cowboys 28, Ravens 20.
    You could not beat Frank Walker in a war of words using a dictionary and the internet. He would beat you down at the line of scrimage like you were trying to steal. The man may not be a "shutdown corner" or even a starting corner, but unless you are a starting NFL wr, he is going to shut you down even if Peyton is pitching you the peel.

Your sense of reality is really really funny though. The Steelers sure did carve us up on the one touchdown they almost got, but the reality is, they got one drive all day. The Ravens are not going to lose if they hold the Boys to 13 points, and Frank Walker or not, they are not getting 28.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    HAHA... I just now read your signature line. Is that a Chuck Norris fact, with Ed Reed replacing Chuck Norris?

If so, there should be a thread dedicated to those.

"When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Ray Lewis."
    when Gotham is in trouble, it deploys the Bat signal.

when Batman is in trouble, he deploys the Todd Heeeap signal.

(or use any Raven as appropriate)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

No one was talking to you Jeremiah. Certainly not me.

You are void of reality, but we all know that by your constant joke posts. Well, jokes to us, rational thought to you anyway. You apparently slept through the part of the Steelers game where Ward got 107 yards receiving on only 8 catches.

Please, for the love of this forum, stop talking football. You know just enough to post on Scout. In fact, you'd fit in well over there. Check them out, you might like them enough to just stay there.

Surprised to see the usual homers not giving the Ravens much of a chance in this one.

Cowboys are a good team by today's watered-down, parity driven standards (or lack there of) but to think the Ravens don't have a chance is ridiculous.

If the Ravens don't turn the ball over they have a great chance of winning this one. Romo is good but not Manning or even Roethlisberger good. If the Ravens can get to him early they can rattle him he will makes bad decisions. Ravens defense has a chance to score some points in this one...lord knows the offense can't with out the D's help.

Ravens need to load up the o line and run the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I agree with bmoreravengirl. This is the one problem that Ravens fans have had for awhile. We are very pessamistic. This isn't the Ravens of Brian Billick.
    You are correct, Billick's Ravens could beat the Steelers. What's the guru Cam's passing offense ranked?

I found it for you. It's right around the same place it has been the last 8 years..right above all the teams the Ravens beat this year. That's some pretty nice company Cam is in. Or maybe it's the talent?

28 Baltimore Ravens 14 23.2 325 226 383 59.0 27.4 2,381 6.8 79.7
    29 Cleveland Browns 14 16.6 232 220 448 49.1 32.0 2,319 5.4
    30 Cincinnati Bengals 14 12.4 174 280 474 59.1 33.9 2,226 5.3
    31 Seattle Seahawks 14 18.6 260 220 406 54.2 29.0 2,199 5.9
    32 Oakland Raiders 14 14.6 205
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 12-20-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie
    Surprised to see the usual homers not giving the Ravens much of a chance in this one.
    The usual homers? LOL, coming from the anti-homer. Most everyone here just expresses their opinions on how a game might turn out, instead of waiting to find out what everyone thinks and then offering a completely different view. Classy.

BTW, just because someone predicts the Cowboys will win doesn't mean that they aren't "giving the Ravens much of a chance." They are just saying if they had to pick a winner, they'd pick the Cowboys, which isn't exactly crazy since they are four point favorites. But that doesn't mean they think the Ravens don't have a chance of winning.

JW,

Your predictions are been in the Ravens favor every game. That fact alone suggests the level of reality in which you're operating. If the Ravens were as good as you suggest and predict, we'd be undefeated and well on our way to the SB.

I am all for a little homer-ism, but there is line between that and just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No one was talking to you Jeremiah. Certainly not me.

You are void of reality, but we all know that by your constant joke posts. Well, jokes to us, rational thought to you anyway. You apparently slept through the part of the Steelers game where Ward got 107 yards receiving on only 8 catches.

Please, for the love of this forum, stop talking football. You know just enough to post on Scout. In fact, you'd fit in well over there. Check them out, you might like them enough to just stay there.
    You are sooo stupid it really amuses me. Your grip on reality is like Willis on the football recently. Hines Ward was huge on the last drive. Maybe they should have kept the CBs up on him, but he was not exactly carving us up all day. You have such a focus on the negative you miss the positive entirely. You love to harp on one stat or one drive, but have no idea what it means in the big picture or in contrast to other teams in the NFL.

How about you shut up, and I will not have to correct you constantly or at least try to off set some of the stupid and negative energy coming from your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    JW,

Your predictions are been in the Ravens favor every game. That fact alone suggests the level of reality in which you're operating. If the Ravens were as good as you suggest and predict, we'd be undefeated and well on our way to the SB.

I am all for a little homer-ism, but there is line between that and just being silly.
    OK. I have picked the Ravens to win every game, even though I knew they would not. I did not say or think they would be undefeated this season, I just said they will be a contender, and should win the division over the Steelers. Based on the 2 games I saw vs the Steelers, they should have won both of them. They should have beat the Titans. Just because they did not win did not mean I was wrong. I also took the points, but did expect a win in Indy and NY. Indy had been struggaling to protect and had no run game, and the Giants seemed like they were beatable if we could just stop the run.

We have been on opposite sides of almost every issue since before the season started. I can let you be the judge of who was right more often, and even you will not be able to convince yourself you were close to half right.
    Not just picking Raven games, you dropped off the pick 5 standings a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    We have been on opposite sides of almost every issue since before the season started. I can let you be the judge of who was right more often, and even you will not be able to convince yourself you were close to half right.
    Not just picking Raven games, you dropped off the pick 5 standings a long time ago.
    I dropped off the pick 5 because I stopped picking! Since you want to call me out on my predictions, I am 4-0 when I have made them. I also was well ahead of you in the pick 5 before I stopped to focus on my fantasy teams -- even having a perfect week of 5 for 5.

You have been often incorrect in your read on players, FA's and the teams weekly outcome. I am not the only person who has pointed this out to you. You made predictions of Pepper still having the goods, this team being a SB contender this year, etc. You had a blind squirell moment with Clayton (who has done dick since, I might add). Unless I am missing something, you ought not quit your day job.

I do admire your homer-ism though. My brain is not wired to see everything as being roses.