Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens / Cowboys

Actually, even before the Chuck Norris jokes became popular, HR's sig line was used to describe Deion Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    This game will look like the Indy game.
    If Fabian is out I would be inclined to agree unfortunately.

Although Romo is no Peyton, his stupidity gives me hope!

Wow, really feeling all the positive energy in this thread.

Maybe we ought to just forfeit the game and declare Dallas the winner since we have absolutely no chance anyway.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I agree with bmoreravengirl. This is the one problem that Ravens fans have had for awhile. We are very pessamistic. This isn't the Ravens of Brian Billick. I am not going to buy into this being a short week as the cause why we won't win. Hell it's a shorter week for Dallas because they played at 8pm on Sunday. Come on now, really?

Don't get me wrong, this game is going to be very tough...but do we deserve to be a playoff team if we can't beat them? We are going to have to go on the road in the playoff's and Flacco plays better on the road.

I also don't buy into the "Ghost of the Past" theory that Ravensarge threw out there. The Orioles lost their last game at Memorial Stadium and they had a player from every season there.

If you are already throwing in the towel, you shouldn't even watch the game. Yes, we are not getting a home playoff game but let's not give up on the chance of watching a 17th game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Nothing against your perfect predictions this season, but I hope you are 4-1 at the end of the day on Saturday. :happyanim
    Don't sweat it, HR is typically wrong about 85% of the time so he is well overdue to get a football prediction wrong. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Don't sweat it, HR is typically wrong about 85% of the time so he is well overdue to get a football prediction wrong. ;)
    That's odd. I thought the same exact thing about you! ;)

No Ravens fan is giving up. Come Saturday all you will hear from me is how we are going to crush the Boys. Until gameday its all about the stats and matchup and situation. All of which dont look good. On Saturday, none of that matters anymore.

As a side note, just read this on ESPN....The Ravens are the best D at shutting down a teams TE and second best in shutting down a teams #1 Receiver. How anyone decides these stats is amazing to me but this means that Romo and Patrick Crayton have to beat us.....and Crayton is no Reggie Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Wow, really feeling all the positive energy in this thread.

Maybe we ought to just forfeit the game and declare Dallas the winner since we have absolutely no chance anyway.
    Pessimists are right more often but optimists are happier. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    As a side note, just read this on ESPN....The Ravens are the best D at shutting down a teams TE and second best in shutting down a teams #1 Receiver. How anyone decides these stats is amazing to me but this means that Romo and Patrick Crayton have to beat us.....and Crayton is no Reggie Wayne.
    Nice thought, Roy Williams is their #2 though, and whilst he's still no Reggie Wayne and is prone to the dropsies, he's eminently capable of handing out a whooping to Frank Walker if Washington can't go.

Yes, forgot about him. Well maybe he can have a big drop like Braylon Edwards did against us.

Edwards drop may have single handedly put us in the position we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Nice thought, Roy Williams is their #2 though, and whilst he's still no Reggie Wayne and is prone to the dropsies, he's eminently capable of handing out a whooping to Frank Walker if Washington can't go.
    You and I could whoop Frank Walker.

It's just about reality here. Pittsburgh ran a lot of underneath on us successfully last week, and apparently Romo likes to throw to Jason Whitten. So expect to see them playing over the middle a lot because the safeties are going to be out on CB help all game. That is going to open up TO and Williams to the outside. No way in the world Frank Walker hangs with either of them.

I'm going Cowboys 28, Ravens 20.