Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens / Cowboys

People listen up!!! All points are valid here but remember 2 years ago when the Indy Irsay's came here for a playoff game and all week long the national story was the Colts returning to Baltimore for a playoff game? That team came ready to play.

1. Fan excitement and the pre-game ceremonies DO NOT win games yes the Dallas players will be jacked but they still have to execute

2. Our veterans will be ready for this big game and all that is going to be going on there 1. Ray Lewis has been SB MVP faced a murder trial in every NFL stadium as well 2.Trevor Pryce has been in many big games like back to back SB's with Denver and some here over the past 2 years 3.Matt Stover has been around almost 20 years 4. John Harbaugh has been a coach at some level for 9 years in Philly and how many back to back NFC Championships were they in and went to one SB 5. Ed Reed has played in a ton of big games here and at the "U" 6. Willie Anderson 12 year vet 7. Our team will lean on these guys to get ready and after last week rip off from the urine color team we will be ready

Let's go Ravens and Let's go Flacco

Ravens 15 Dallas 14 Down to the last seconds and Stover NAILS a 38 yard FG for the Win.

Dallas 2 TD (NO TO)

Ravens 1 TD (Clayton) 1 Safety (Suggs) 2 FG (Stover) 1 PA ( Stover)

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

I am 4-0 on the predictions this season when I have actually bothered to make one ....

Not even close ....

Cowboys 21
    Ravens 14

I just dont see us getting up for a shortened week, road game against a team who's offensive weapons match our defensive weaknesses so well. A late TD makes this one closer then it really will be.

Another week I hope I am dead wrong on this.

The Champps in my neighborhood is littered with Cowboys fans and I would love nothing more then to shove it in their face!

The only thing that really sucks concerning this game is it's the Cowboys LAST game at this historic stadium. It tends to remind me of last years fiasco at the Steelers game at Three Rivers. Wasn't it like the Stools 50th anniversary? They brought back like every former Stooler ever. Shit, they had former players coming out in wheelchairs. Even probably had a few in shackles with prison guards alertly watching. That game was ( IMHO) a loss from the get go due to the sheer atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    The only thing that really sucks concerning this game is it's the Cowboys LAST game at this historic stadium. It tends to remind me of last years fiasco at the Steelers game at Three Rivers. Wasn't it like the Stools 50th anniversary? They brought back like every former Stooler ever. Shit, they had former players coming out in wheelchairs. Even probably had a few in shackles with prison guards alertly watching. That game was ( IMHO) a loss from the get go due to the sheer atmosphere.
    Lost due the atmosphere ... and the fact that we fumbled away 3 consecutive possessions.

Let's not give them extra possessions and see how this one plays out. Weather the early storm, then let our Defense go to work.
    Last edited by Ravenswarrior19; 12-17-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Blog Entries

This is gonna be a loss gentlemen. The ONLY way we stop their Offense is getting to Romo early and often, preferably getting his back to hurt a little more and hopefully removing him from the game. That is the only way we win this game.....

There is no reason to think the Ravens will win this game. The line is accuarte. Dallas is tough at home, and we do NOT match up well against them b/c they are very similar to the Colts w/ 2 good WRs, a really good TE and a decent running game.

Plus, teams don't lose at home and then go win on the road the following week very often in the NFL.

This has potential blowout written all over it.

FM

If we win, it's because our offense overachieved against their good defense, and because our secondary overachieved against their big receivers.

Not impossible, but if Sunday morning we are celebrating a win, that will be how it happened. As others have said, the matchups against this team basically suck. We matched up *much* better against the Stealers.

Cowboys, 20 - 6.

Throw in a careful but effective Ravens offense, and ~2 bad mistakes by Dallas, and it could just as easily be Ravens 20 - 6. This is a tough one to call, but I'll go with Dallas.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am 4-0 on the predictions this season when I have actually bothered to make one ....

Not even close ....

Cowboys 21
    Ravens 14
    Nothing against your perfect predictions this season, but I hope you are 4-1 at the end of the day on Saturday. :happyanim
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Nothing against your perfect predictions this season, but I hope you are 4-1 at the end of the day on Saturday. :happyanim
    You and me both.

HAHA... I just now read your signature line. Is that a Chuck Norris fact, with Ed Reed replacing Chuck Norris?

If so, there should be a thread dedicated to those.

"When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Ray Lewis."
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    HAHA... I just now read your signature line. Is that a Chuck Norris fact, with Ed Reed replacing Chuck Norris?

If so, there should be a thread dedicated to those.

"When Bruce Banner gets mad, he turns into the Hulk. When the Hulk gets mad, he turns into Ray Lewis."
    You pegged it.

My friends and I have been throwing around the Chuck jokes for a while now. When I heard that one, it was an easy step to add Ed Reed.

Good call out!

Here is another one ....

"Jesus could walk on water. Haloti Ngata can swim on land!"