Back Home, Chuffing Knackered, But a Huge Thanks to Everyone for a Great Trip

As per the title, I arrived safe back at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 9am (GMT) this morning and back in Norwich at 1pm. Monday night/Tuesday morning sort of disappeared and I'm running on empty right now, but what the hell, just go out and finish my christmas shopping I guess.

Whilst I'm still somewhat with it I'd just like to list a few thanks to all the people who made the trip possible and such an enjoyable 10 day holiday done on the spur of the moment.

- First to Greg for offering the ticket to the Redskins game and getting the ball rolling, huge thanks, never know a sporting event so cold, but it was great.

- Big, big thanks to Mr & Mrs Fells Point Raven for putting me up/putting up with me for the week at their house. Huge debt of gratitude and safe trip to you two on Thursday.

- To Mista T for sorting me with the awesome seats for Steelers game on Sunday, best seats I've ever seen any sports event from, just superb.

- Big thanks to Toe (occassional reader) for getting me to the Terps game on the Friday night, the game was duff but getting to Comcast was a big tick on the life's to do list.

- Big thanks to Fanatic, WxKevin, Camden, Pat McGroin, et al. for the tailgating for both games, this Sunday was a damned sight more comfortable but whoever purchased the propane heater for the Redskins game that was inspired.

- Finally a huge thanks to EVERYONE who attended the Steelers game and made it such a great atmosphere on Sunday. The ending, screw-up, result, however you want to put it ended the trip on a sour note (and the light rail screwing up meant I was nearly left stranded in downtown to miss my flight on Monday night, but I got home), but that atmosphere but was superb. The most intense atmosphere I've ever been a part of it and in spite of the result my first Ravens-Steelers game will be an experience I'll not soon forget.

Thanks to you all for a great trip.

P.S. Upon my return I've found that the site I work for (www.profootballfocus.com) got its plug in Peter King's MMQB column yesterday (LINK and I kid you not after this plug from Mr King our site traffic has increased 90,000%! Needless to say that has capped off the trip quite beautifully! :happyanim

Re: Back Home, Chuffing Knackered, But a Huge Thanks to Everyone for a Great Trip

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    The ending, screw-up, result, however you want to put it ended the trip on a sour note (and the light rail screwing up meant I was nearly left stranded in downtown to miss my flight on Monday night, but I got home), but that atmosphere but was superb.

P.S. Upon my return I've found that the site I work for (www.profootballfocus.com) got its plug in Peter King's MMQB column yesterday (LINK and I kid you not after this plug from Mr King our site traffic has increased 90,000%! Needless to say that has capped off the trip quite beautifully! :happyanim
    Stockers, first of all, I blame you for picking the Steelers to begin with, so there.

Second of all, I'm glad you got to make it to Charm City and get a couple games plus other tourist goodness.

Third, congratulations on the website. That's outstanding, and well deserved.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Back Home, Chuffing Knackered, But a Huge Thanks to Everyone for a Great Trip

Glad to hear you made it back safe. Sounds like you had a great time.

Congrats on the website mention. Peter King's column is big-time - standard reading for NFL diehards. I love your site BTW, I there everytime I get the Ravens update email. Keep up the good work.

4. Re: Back Home, Chuffing Knackered, But a Huge Thanks to Everyone for a Great Trip

What does "chuffing knackered" mean in American English?

It's said that Churchill had a great time on the East Coast during the times he visited FDR throughout WWII, and I'm glad to see that things were much the same for you, dude...

I'll start posting more on the UK Ravens forum too!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    What does "chuffing knackered" mean in American English?
    Bloody Tired.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I am sure the 90 degree weather you have returned to has thawed out your bones already.

That is some amazing schedule you put together there bro,and maybe next year I will not use up all my holiday at work so early next year.:grbac:

I don't know how it must have affected you first hand.But it felt bad enough 3000 miles away and watching the game a day late.Due to gamepass blackout.

Well done on the Peter King props.You guys deserve all the kudos for your work.

You will have to write up a more indepth report on the UKRaven section on this forum to fill us in,if you have time. :respect
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

UK now you know why we think the Stealturd fans are such TOSSERS!
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!