Hey UKRaven I am Here and PROUD to be with you all!

Guys and Girls across the pond, I post on the Ravens24x7 boards and upon the suggestion of UKRaven I am coming over to post here as well.

I just read your post after the Stillers Game (for those that do not know I do not say the real name of that team) and I have to say that if you all felt gutted too then CHEERS !!! You are all true Raven Fans !!

I also want to point out that we in Baltimore never refer to the team that once played here as that C word! They will always be ... that team that now plays in indy.... (just so you have Baltimore understanding)

I want to thank each of you for your support of our team (our includes all of us )

THANKS !!! and GO RAVENS !!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Re: Hey UKRaven I am Here and PROUD to be with you all!

Thanks for the invite and yes, I will be checking this page more often!!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Watching Johnny U on video first got me into following football.It was the greatest game,NFL Championship Colts vs Giants.My pic is of me wearing a #19 cap backwards with Baltimore on the back. I just love the way the old Colts stick up for the city.And I got a lump in my throat when I rubbed Johnny U's foot outside M&T when I came over years ago.I was even going to wear said cap to the game vs the Raiders in honor of Johnny,but was advised to wear the Raven cap.

I have followed football since 1984.And even played 5 seasons over in the UK at Strong safety.But I waited and hoped that a team would return to the city of the legend who instilled the wonder of football and all that goes with it in me..

Believe me,we all bleed purple and black.And sacrifice alot to follow our team from such a distance.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

It's a labor of love being a Ravens fan, beleive me, brother...

But the rewards are worth it!!

Remember: NEVER HIDE YOUR RAVENS PRIDE!!

It would have been very easy for any of us to support one of the 'bigger' teams. If you read the WAF or Why-a-fan? section on our web-site (www.ukravens.co.uk) you get a feel for the journey most of us are on.

One of the core values of the UKR's - as opposed to other fan groups that may be around, is that you have to 'give a s&*t if the Ravens win or lose'. That's why we are only a small club as we are not for everyone = fairweather fans.

Individually we do support other teams in other sports - but mainly in the UK. (I always saw the similarities between the Ravens and my RL team Hull KR)

Cheers

There's just something special about the Ravens for me. I couldn't imagine supporting a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    There's just something special about the Ravens for me. I couldn't imagine supporting a different team.
    Spot on, dude...

The Ravens are everything I hold dear in sports!

My Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness are all tied into the Baltimore Ravens and their quest for the next Lombardi Trophy...