Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: We need more Posting Fans!!

i lurk alot here
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    One thing to remember about the UKR's that post is that we are 6 hours in front of you all.
    East Coast is 5 hours behind us UKRaven. Do you wonder why you always turn on to catch the kickoff and its halftime. Only joking.

I went off the boil posting and reading,as I found it was having an affect on how I thought and regarded the Ravens.When people would jump off the roof like the world was ending,it would really sour my Raven experience.So I keep myself to the UKRaven section now.And enjoy the Ravens like I did back in 96.
    Happy to have a team to finally follow.

Nothing will compare to the first years I joined the Ravens Insider boards.
    And they had a strong group of characters posting.And it was a joy reading what they had to say.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    I'd love to see this board as busy as Orioles Hangout. Especially with the whole Tex thing going down right now, that board has been hoppin' lately. It would be great to see this place get something going like that. I'll be putting the word out when I can.
    No you don't. I can't stand having to work through 700 posts when 650 of them are not relevant to the discussion. That site is nothing but people who agree with each other and when you don't you get negative feedback and chastised by the people that have all the time in the world to sit on the site all day and post. No thanks.

This place has enough posters that keep the threads to a reasonable amount.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'd love to post more often. I read through these boards on a daily basis, but for the life of me I don't know why. Every topic seems to follow the same 1 or 2 patterns: thought stated, a few rebuttals, 1 or 2 posters take it way to personally, idea gets lost, I fall asleep.---or---thought posted, someone over-reacts, people over-react the opposite way, let the emotional rollercoaster begin.

The need for some sort of mood-leveling prescription by half the people on these boards is overwhelming. Frankly, I just don't feel the need to try and voice a sane, level headed, even-keeled response to someone who is saying the Ravens are Super-Bowl bound in one post, and then declaring us worse than the Bengals in the next.

So, I read quietly, not typing a single letter, in my darkened office, drinking by myself, and sobbing ever so slightly.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

One of the other issues is that good posters don't want to leave other forums to come here. It would be nice to entice the better posters from Scout to come over here, and leave the morons to their own forum. And to an extent some of us have tried to recruit them. But for some reason many stay.

We've got some great posters here. And it's nice to see some growth since the forum started. I know I was happy to be one of the first wave of posters. And while there was a period of unrest here that I stayed away from, that seems to have been taken care of.

You new guys just keep posting and contributing. That is the best way to grow the site.

Quote Originally Posted by RvnFanInIndy
    The need for some sort of mood-leveling prescription by half the people on these boards is overwhelming. Frankly, I just don't feel the need to try and voice a sane, level headed, even-keeled response to someone who is saying the Ravens are Super-Bowl bound in one post, and then declaring us worse than the Bengals in the next.
    I don't think that description describes this board as much as some others. I notice you wrote "half the people on these boards" -- they aren't all the same, IMO. Threads here don't get highjacked as often as some other boards, and the number of childish one-sentence posts that seem to have been written by a 12 year-old is much smaller here than some other places.

I'll all for more traffic, but more posts doesn't necessarily make the board better. The YBR forum has more traffic than it had five years ago but is much worse, IMHO.

I like the board the way it is now. Not too many, and not too few. For the most part, it's very civilized here, unlike the Scout board, which is why I never post there anymore. The worst thing that happened to that board is when it became networked, which drew all the riff-raff into every discussion. I had already just about had enough of that board when suddenly they decided to censor any post that contained a profanity. That was the final straw for me. Internet boards should not be censored at all. It should allow the free expression of ideas, as long as they aren't direct personal attacks. Free expression includes the occasional use of profanity, as it does in real life.

Highwater I agree that we have more educated post then most other sites. I also do not want the one line post from people that just trash something. Most of us on here have a good understanding of how each other really feels about our team.

The worst part of new members is that it takes months to see if they fit in to the board. I do not want everyone to agree on all topics. I like Educated and Informative post that can be for or against my thoughts.

I notice sometimes we have 20 views on a topic but no post. I also agree that some threads get beat to death and should be removed from the main page so that we can open our minds to new ideas.

I just want us all to try to get a Newbie that we know will help us all by adding new content to the board!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't think that description describes this board as much as some others. I notice you wrote "half the people on these boards" -- they aren't all the same, IMO. Threads here don't get highjacked as often as some other boards, and the number of childish one-sentence posts that seem to have been written by a 12 year-old is much smaller here than some other places.
    You're right.....in a way. This site is way better than some of the other fan boards out there, however, my 'half the people'..comment was specifically about this here site. I suppose that number might be a little skewed based on the hour at which I was typing, multiplied by the number of martinis in me, divided by total hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. How about I revise that to......"some of the people on these boards"??

Good, glad we could come to some sort of middle ground. Also, in the future, I shall try to refrain from T.W.D.....(typing while drinking):D
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    One small flaw in this board is the threads all too often get side-tracked away from real debate. :ot
    This isn't really a bad thing. Generally the better message boards do get off topic at points throughout the post. It does suck to have to read through some of the off topic post, but generally that leads to good converstaion. For an example, see the University of Marylands message board that is in association with scout.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Hello to all and thanks for sharing your thoughts...we are continually looking to improve the board and we'll place some banner ads up on the home page and sub pages to try and attract some additional participants.

Also, we will be implementing a chat room that would be more interactive during game days, free agency, the draft, etc.

Stay tuned and thanks again.

GO RAVENS!

Quote Originally Posted by RvnFanInIndy
    however, my 'half the people'..comment was specifically about this here site. I suppose that number might be a little skewed based on the hour at which I was typing, multiplied by the number of martinis in me, divided by total hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. How about I revise that to......"some of the people on these boards"??
    Hmmm . . . sounds reasonable, but now I guess I have to wait until I'm sober myself to make a sensible response.

See you tommorow.