Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We need more Posting Fans!!

Ok we need more posting fans on here. I do enjoy the fact that our small group of regular posters is fun and we all share different views.

However I would like to have more of us challenging our thoughts and our knowledge. I think we can all agree that even when we do not agree we all learn something new about the team, the sport and our fans!

I would challenge us all to try to get 3 other friends involved in the posting to add to the mix!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Re: We need more Posting Fans!!

This site is losing fan energy!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I was thinking the same thing.... this site is getting lame.

Can we all try .. I mean hell RavenJoe no matter how you think I might feel about you .... I read and value your post !!

If we all agreed this place would really suck !!

And I would sit down and have a beer with everyone on here that post ! ( no I am not buying )

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

I don't drink and all my Raven's fans friends DO post here.

I've been really busy this semester finishing up my degree so I couldn't post that much. This off-season and next year I'll be doing much better.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I'd love to see this board as busy as Orioles Hangout. Especially with the whole Tex thing going down right now, that board has been hoppin' lately. It would be great to see this place get something going like that. I'll be putting the word out when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    I'd love to see this board as busy as Orioles Hangout. Especially with the whole Tex thing going down right now, that board has been hoppin' lately. It would be great to see this place get something going like that. I'll be putting the word out when I can.
    something regarding the Orioles is "hoppin"? That's a good thing!

One small flaw in this board is the threads all too often get side-tracked away from real debate. :ot

Another is that the threads get too long when people 'quote' full posts including videos etc. The idea of a quote is that you take the most relevent bit from a post - not the whole thing. :read

It's still a very good board

Ever thought of posting onto the UKR's section

:celery

UK I will post with you guys too now. I also agree that to many people do not know how to copy and quote one line so they hit the Quote button and drop in the full post.

As for the thread gets side tracked, I for one enjoy that since it shows the debate moving towards new thoughts. I like the challenge.

I understand that sometimes we get used to things one way and once that changes we feel like it is going down hill. However, one thing I know from being on the internet since GENet (long before AOL and Prodigy) is that groups of posters and chatters grow over years. People might see something and start posting. Maybe even a basher who only can get excitement from hateful post, however they tend to go away in a couple weeks and only the true people that fit in stay.

Some of you were on the other boards that merged into this one and are now friendly posters even if you do not agree all the time.

That is the goal ..... More posters and more friends !!!

One thing to remember about the UKR's that post is that we are 6 hours in front of you all. This means that the debate, when you might have wanted to post an immediate reply, may have moved on greatly from one of out posts.

TL hosted us on this board after the Insider / merger. We got 'trolled' on a lot when the boards merged. We needed a clear area for some admin bits as well as a board for chatting to the rest of you. I think the deal was sealed when Admin came up with the :celery and :uk: smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

I've been really busy this semester finishing up my degree so I couldn't post that much. This off-season and next year I'll be doing much better.
    I blame Darb. I remember when he really *did* kill joo with his sword thing. ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Well.. let me be the first to congratulate you on finishing your degree.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens