Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We need more Posting Fans!!

Ok we need more posting fans on here. I do enjoy the fact that our small group of regular posters is fun and we all share different views.

However I would like to have more of us challenging our thoughts and our knowledge. I think we can all agree that even when we do not agree we all learn something new about the team, the sport and our fans!

I would challenge us all to try to get 3 other friends involved in the posting to add to the mix!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Re: We need more Posting Fans!!

This site is losing fan energy!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I was thinking the same thing.... this site is getting lame.

Can we all try .. I mean hell RavenJoe no matter how you think I might feel about you .... I read and value your post !!

If we all agreed this place would really suck !!

And I would sit down and have a beer with everyone on here that post ! ( no I am not buying )

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

I don't drink and all my Raven's fans friends DO post here.

I've been really busy this semester finishing up my degree so I couldn't post that much. This off-season and next year I'll be doing much better.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I'd love to see this board as busy as Orioles Hangout. Especially with the whole Tex thing going down right now, that board has been hoppin' lately. It would be great to see this place get something going like that. I'll be putting the word out when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    I'd love to see this board as busy as Orioles Hangout. Especially with the whole Tex thing going down right now, that board has been hoppin' lately. It would be great to see this place get something going like that. I'll be putting the word out when I can.
    something regarding the Orioles is "hoppin"? That's a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    No you don't. I can't stand having to work through 700 posts when 650 of them are not relevant to the discussion. That site is nothing but people who agree with each other and when you don't you get negative feedback and chastised by the people that have all the time in the world to sit on the site all day and post. No thanks.

This place has enough posters that keep the threads to a reasonable amount.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'd love to post more often. I read through these boards on a daily basis, but for the life of me I don't know why. Every topic seems to follow the same 1 or 2 patterns: thought stated, a few rebuttals, 1 or 2 posters take it way to personally, idea gets lost, I fall asleep.---or---thought posted, someone over-reacts, people over-react the opposite way, let the emotional rollercoaster begin.

The need for some sort of mood-leveling prescription by half the people on these boards is overwhelming. Frankly, I just don't feel the need to try and voice a sane, level headed, even-keeled response to someone who is saying the Ravens are Super-Bowl bound in one post, and then declaring us worse than the Bengals in the next.

So, I read quietly, not typing a single letter, in my darkened office, drinking by myself, and sobbing ever so slightly.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Quote Originally Posted by RvnFanInIndy
    The need for some sort of mood-leveling prescription by half the people on these boards is overwhelming. Frankly, I just don't feel the need to try and voice a sane, level headed, even-keeled response to someone who is saying the Ravens are Super-Bowl bound in one post, and then declaring us worse than the Bengals in the next.
    I don't think that description describes this board as much as some others. I notice you wrote "half the people on these boards" -- they aren't all the same, IMO. Threads here don't get highjacked as often as some other boards, and the number of childish one-sentence posts that seem to have been written by a 12 year-old is much smaller here than some other places.

I'll all for more traffic, but more posts doesn't necessarily make the board better. The YBR forum has more traffic than it had five years ago but is much worse, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

I've been really busy this semester finishing up my degree so I couldn't post that much. This off-season and next year I'll be doing much better.
    I blame Darb. I remember when he really *did* kill joo with his sword thing. ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Well.. let me be the first to congratulate you on finishing your degree.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens