Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Ward, Cherry to IR

By Aaron Wilson
    Contributing writer
    OWINGS MILLS -- The Ravens placed safety B.J. Ward (migraines) and wide receiver Matt Cherry (shoulder) on injured reserve Tuesday, ending their seasons.
    The roster moves gets the Ravens down to 75 players, the league-mandated limit.
    Meanwhile, safety Gerome Sapp (migraines) and offensive guard Brian Rimpf (hamstring) didn't practice.

Re: Ward, Cherry to IR

Migraines contagious among the safeties?

3. Re: Ward, Cherry to IR

Sorry, I typed the wrong thing, it's an abdominal illness.

Thanks for the info Aaron.

Migranes are an interesting issue. I recall Steve Frances having them chronically and not able to play basketball. I would think football would be even more of a problem. Even the best and world renowned physicians are not quite sure what triggers them nor how to effectively treat them.
    Each person is different and what works for one may not work for another.

As hard as Ward hits, I wonder if it triggers the headaches.

Kind of odd they would put him on IR for the whole year because of migranes.Do they know that the migranes are going to continue for 5 months and never go away???

Alright! Aaron Wilson posted here! Thanks for all you do, Aaron!

I am a little surprised that I haven't seen more people asking about this migraine problem. I know people who suffer from migraines from time to time, and have worked with neurologists that treated patients with migraines, but I don't recall patients like Ward who has been unavailable for weeks because of migraines. Of course I am not a clinician, I have just worked with them, but this seems odd to me. If Ward has been sufferring from migraines for three or four weeks, he has my sympathy.

Preston wrote that Ward is in Billick's doghouse, knows he will get cut, and he is looking for an injury settlement, which explains the migraines, and that he got them soon after that practice where he and Billick had the spat.

Preston, so IDK if I believe it or not, but it makes sense.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

RF2K6 beat me to it. Aaron can you confirm or deny Preston's rumor? Thanks for posting btw.

''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

RF2K6..Thanks for the article.never saw it before. Interesting!!

Blog Entries

if he's on IR, doesn't that rule out the "injury settlement"?

This smells of a "Pashos' hand IR" scenario...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!