Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Sigh... Back to reality

We need to be able to run the ball against Dallas. If we can we should win the game. If we can't we will set that impressive pass rush of theirs up.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhillraven View Post
    I was not following the Ravens they year they went to the SB. I know we were a wildcard berth and underdog at every game. How does this season compare as far as win/loss in December? Id also be curious how the O and D compare statistically as well.
    We were 3 point favorites against the Giants in SB35.

3. Re: Sigh... Back to reality

Miami and the Jets play each other the final week of the season so one of them finishes 10-6 at best. If both win this weekend then one of them finishes 11-5 at worst. The Patriots are playing against a Cardinals team that can put up points in a hurry then on the road in Buffalo. This season is by no means over, even ifthe unthinkable happens tonight.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Whatever happens here on out. I am over the moon how first year Head Coach Harbaugh has done on the whole.Don't forget he was an unknown in regards to what he would bring to the Head Coach position. Harbaugh was coming into a hostile,divided lockeroom,allegedly.And has held his own,and brought the offense and defense together.

Flacco has shown enough to me,that he is going to have a very bright future.The only way is up.The QB curse is over.

The defense has once again earned more than their pay,while facing big losses in the secondary and Kelly Greg upfront.

The O'line has come together amazingly quickly even with the loss of Yanda and Gaither playing injured.

McClain and Rice have shown flashes of bright futures.With McClain being the powerback every team needs.

Even the WR's have shown flashes,with big plays from Clayton. And Mason
    being the unsung go to guy.

2008 has been a very uplifting year for me in regard to our Ravens.Long may the climb upwards continue.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Im pumped up we will beat dallas
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    You need to get a grip on reality. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years which is pretty laughable considering how parity has ruined the league. Three quarters of teams every year suck.
    The glass is more than half full, not 1/4 empty. I would say that only 3 or 4 teams tops really suck for a whole season. The rest can beat anyone on any given gameday, and need some health and momentum to become "elite". By week 17, there are 10 teams the contenders are double digit favorites over, but they can still burn them like all the AFC E teams almost did this past week.

Parity has not ruined anything. The NFL is doing fine. The Sorryoles on the other hand need a little peice of parity.

The Cowboys have not won a playoff game since 1996 so parity has not completly taken over and watered it down to the point you can just buy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Whatever happens here on out. I am over the moon how first year Head Coach Harbaugh has done on the whole.Don't forget he was an unknown in regards to what he would bring to the Head Coach position. Harbaugh was coming into a hostile,divided lockeroom,allegedly.And has held his own,and brought the offense and defense together.

Flacco has shown enough to me,that he is going to have a very bright future.The only way is up.The QB curse is over.

The defense has once again earned more than their pay,while facing big losses in the secondary and Kelly Greg upfront.

The O'line has come together amazingly quickly even with the loss of Yanda and Gaither playing injured.

McClain and Rice have shown flashes of bright futures.With McClain being the powerback every team needs.

Even the WR's have shown flashes,with big plays from Clayton. And Mason
    being the unsung go to guy.

2008 has been a very uplifting year for me in regard to our Ravens.Long may the climb upwards continue.

You should be over the moon that turnover machine Kyle Boller and a broken down Steve McNair aren't the Ravens qb's any more. Harbaugh hasn't done anything that hasn't been done around here in recent years. Strong defense, solid running game, no passing game and feasting on the have not's of the league is business as usual for this organization.

The only thing that Harbaugh has done is cut back the amount of sh%t talking the defense normally does after it gets beat by a good team. Awesome!

With all the BS that happened this season, Rookie HC, new coaching staff, QB and Oline fiasco I was looking at 500 as a good season to start the Flacco era. Anything above that was gravy. Well these last two games are gravy with an actual honest chance, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to enjoy that gravy no matter how it ends up tasting and know we had a hell of a successful season. Playoffs or not how can any of us be disappointed?

Wink Re: Sigh... Back to reality

Quote Originally Posted by oakhillraven View Post
    I was not following the Ravens they year they went to the SB. I know we were a wildcard berth and underdog at every game. How does this season compare as far as win/loss in December? Id also be curious how the O and D compare statistically as well.
    You'll find the answers to these questions and many others at the Ravens web-site.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    You should be over the moon that turnover machine Kyle Boller and a broken down Steve McNair aren't the Ravens qb's any more. Harbaugh hasn't done anything that hasn't been done around here in recent years. Strong defense, solid running game, no passing game and feasting on the have not's of the league is business as usual for this organization.

The only thing that Harbaugh has done is cut back the amount of sh%t talking the defense normally does after it gets beat by a good team. Awesome!
    Dude, you are one negative person. If you can't see the improvement in the passing game this year with a raw rookie QB and insist on seeing the downside to it you are bound and determined to view the bad and not the good.

It really is amazing how many of you seem to jump off the ship after one loss. This team by many of your standards was a 4 or 5 win team at best. Our losses have come to all teams in the playoffs with a rookie QB who has been getting better as the year goes on. We are still in the playoffs right now and we control our own fate here and yet we have to come on here and read a thread about how we have to come back to reality before we have even finished the season. i guess if we make the playoffs you will be counting them out of winning a playoff game before we play that also huh. Who gives a shit if we haven't won a playoff game in 7 years, we also looked bad on primetime before this season and look what happened. I am not saying this with purple glasses on but it is amazing how many of you run away from this team when we lose a game...shit people last time i checked at 1:56pm 12/20/2008 we are still the #6 seed with 2 games to play and who knows what will happen but shit be happy how the season turned out so far when so many of you counted this team out by the time OTA's came around! Sorry for my rant but it is disturbing how many people bitch when we are having a good season, but I guess nothing will ever make you happy
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim