Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sigh... Back to reality

The Ravens have had a great year, and won a lot a games.

Unfortunately we are not yet an elite team, and have proven that against tough opponents this year.

Maybe next year after Flacco matures a little and Cam Cameron stops playing scared against defenses like the Giants and Steelers we will be able to pull out a few of these tough games and make the playoffs.

I can handle 10-6 and no playoffs which is most likely what will happen. I like the strides our team has made and look forward to the future.

Please God do no let Shittsburgh win another SuperBowl!!
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Sigh... Back to reality

I said this in another thread and I will say it here. We have lost to the great teams, and defeated the middle of the road and piss-poor teams. We are in a great place for our future. I am perfectly fine with the way this team has played. Sure, they have fallen on their face a few times, but Flacco is still learning the game.

It also was not any help to have such a long season with virtually no bye week. I think Flacco might be hitting the ol' rookie slump. Cest la Vie. Next year... watch out AFC!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I'm cringing at the prospects of Flacco going up against that Dallas Defense on the road, given how poorly he's played at home the past two weeks.

I'm afraid that without the defense scoring points, our offense is the same one we've seen for the past 10 years against great defensive teams until proven otherwise.

Well put Pyite. I was talking with a co-worker this morning about our hopes for the Ravens back on September 1st. I would have taken 8-8 in a heartbeat. This has been a truly exciting season, and we still have a shot at the playoffs. While I dont expect to beat the Cowboys this week, we have a shot. And that is all we could really ask for before the season started: 2 games to go and controlling our destiny to get to the playoffs.

"Elite" teams needed a little help to win in harm city. Maybe one day we will get a bunch of bs extra yardage, and the benefit of doubt when independant people see conclusive evidence, the officials will as well.

Pylite well said and I think ALL Ravens fans are happy this team is going in the right direction and the fact this rookie HC and QB are getting the experience of playing in these big games in December will pay off in the future!!!! The ref's are a joke and this league needs to do something about it examples

1. 2 times i recall last night the play clock at zero and he was just snapping the ball and nothing called I was feeling no pain from tailgating but when it hits zero it's a delay of game correct?

2. The 3rd and 1 that CLEARLY showed he was short and they gave it to the urine color team

3. The TD call at the end of the game speake for it self

GO RAVENS and I am proud of the players and coach repsonses after the game saying we let them go down 90 some yards

Why does it sound like some people are quitting with 2 games left? I understand all the talk this was not suppose to be "our" year but,DAMN. It sounds like a few of you guys are just saying well we lost 5 games and it's over now. Why do people quit after one lost? That seems pretty lame to me.

We're still in the driver's seat for a wild-card berth. Beat Dallas and Jacksonville and we're in.

The team has played much better than I thought they would. I never, ever thought I'd have to say this about a Raven's team but we really need a stud running-back. Right now our off-season needs are CB, WR and RB. Ray Rice may be the bellcow we need, he just needs some reps to prove it.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

Why does it sound like some people are quitting with 2 games left? I understand all the talk this was not suppose to be "our" year but,DAMN. It sounds like a few of you guys are just saying well we lost 5 games and it's over now. Why do people quit after one lost? That seems pretty lame to me.
    I just don't believe we can beat a Hot Dallas team with their offense, suddenly rejuvinated Defense on the road during the last game in Texas Stadium.

Add that to the joke schedules the entire AFC East has, and I think we fall one game short of the playoffs.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I just don't believe we can beat a Hot Dallas team with their offense, suddenly rejuvinated Defense on the road during the last game in Texas Stadium.

Add that to the joke schedules the entire AFC East has, and I think we fall one game short of the playoffs.
    You need to get a grip on that fear in your heart. This is the same Dallas drama dream team that was imploding last week, and not playing defense for half the season, and not playing offense without Tony Romo making it happen.

Did you see how many times the G men put a knee in his kidney? There is no way he is not pissing blood today. He is not going to make it through a game if they do not protect him a whole lot better. The Ravens have been getting shots on amost every QB, and Flozell and the pass blocking in Dallas have turned into revolving doors that hold any time they get someone blocked.

The Dallas D has been playing well, but loking at the players, we should be able to find mismatches. the LBs can not cover and the safties are small.

I am not saying it is an easy win, but it is not like we will be huge underdogs in any line makers mind.

11. Re: Sigh... Back to reality

I was not following the Ravens they year they went to the SB. I know we were a wildcard berth and underdog at every game. How does this season compare as far as win/loss in December? Id also be curious how the O and D compare statistically as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    You need to get a grip on that fear in your heart. This is the same Dallas drama dream team that was imploding last week, and not playing defense for half the season, and not playing offense without Tony Romo making it happen.

Did you see how many times the G men put a knee in his kidney? There is no way he is not pissing blood today. He is not going to make it through a game if they do not protect him a whole lot better. The Ravens have been getting shots on amost every QB, and Flozell and the pass blocking in Dallas have turned into revolving doors that hold any time they get someone blocked.

The Dallas D has been playing well, but loking at the players, we should be able to find mismatches. the LBs can not cover and the safties are small.

I am not saying it is an easy win, but it is not like we will be huge underdogs in any line makers mind.
    You need to get a grip on reality. This organization hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years which is pretty laughable considering how parity has ruined the league. Three quarters of teams every year suck.