Thread: What A LOAD =0O

1. Angry What A LOAD =0O

Mike Perriera was on NFL Total Access tonight and said the ball clearly crossed over the line of the endzone:grbac: He is a DIP When he stopped the replay where he said it had crossed the plain, I still couldn't tell
    I am way over this loss, but when Mike Perriera lied like that, I wanted to jump through the TV screen

I must need new glasses

Re: What A LOAD =0O

I saw this too. His idea of "clearly" and mine are vastly different. Seeing it over and over again, it is not "clear". Could the tip of the ball touched the line? Sure, but that is not conclusive evidence to over turn the original ruling that they were inches short. If you have to scrutinize it and still think "Oh... I am not sure", then it is INCONCLUSIVE. The point remains though, the Ravens D should not have allowed the Steelers to march 92 yards downfield.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

That's known as CYA!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

C'mon, guys. Did you expect anything different to come out of the main office?

'that's my story and I'm sticking to it.'

but the problem is we let them get the other 91.9 yards.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

What about the 2 times spit the chicklets (Ben) did not snap the ball when the play clock was at zero and no penalty was called and the 3rd and 1 call we challanged that was clearly short and even the tv people said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoer View Post
    What about the 2 times spit the chicklets (Ben) did not snap the ball when the play clock was at zero and no penalty was called and the 3rd and 1 call we challanged that was clearly short and even the tv people said the same thing
    Horribly officiated game. We know this. But for everyone's sanity, we have to move on and focus our positive energy on the Dallas game.

C'mon everybody, they'll get theirs in the end because Kharma is a bitch!

I swear the Steelers have some big skeleton in the closet on the NFL, so that is why they always get every questionable call their way. Have you ever seen them get more penalties called on them over their opponent? Rarely if ever. When Heinz Ward is a known head hunter around the league, do the refs ever keep a watchful eye on him? NO. When he starts his instigating after the play, do the refs always call it on the retaliator? ALWAYS.

Does anybody remember that Renfro TD for Houston in 1980 AFC Championship game (79 Season) that was called out of bounds? One of the worst calls in the history of the NFL, and of course it benefitted the Squealers.

As my Dad always says, you gotta beat the Steelers by 10 pts, b/c the refs will always give them 7 each game.

Yeah they almost brushed over it, like they knew they had to include it but couldn't provide any satisfactory explanation. I've seen far less consequential calls get much more in-depth explanation from him than this. If it were ESPN or another network, I'm sure they would've pressed him more, but it's the NFL's in-house organ. Pereira kept repeating how Holmes had possession, both feet down in the end zone, and the ball crossed the line (not), as if repeating it made it fact.

I half expected him to say, "And the Steelers would've punched it in anyway right afterwards, so everyone shut up."

I am sorry to tell this to everybody, but almost everything we are saying about the Steelers can be said for the Cowboys. They are consistently given the benefit of the doubt on those freaking delay of game penalties, and it seems like every controversial call goes in their favor. The only thing the Steelers do that the 'boys don't is pull out close games at the end of the 4th. But other than that, expect the same terrible officiating this Saturday. I, personally, am terrified. Lets get a big lead and make those controversial calls completely worthless in the grand scheme.

11. Re: What A LOAD =0O

Quote Originally Posted by AWhitt1 View Post
    I am sorry to tell this to everybody, but almost everything we are saying about the Steelers can be said for the Cowboys. They are consistently given the benefit of the doubt on those freaking delay of game penalties, and it seems like every controversial call goes in their favor. The only thing the Steelers do that the 'boys don't is pull out close games at the end of the 4th. But other than that, expect the same terrible officiating this Saturday. I, personally, am terrified. Lets get a big lead and make those controversial calls completely worthless in the grand scheme.
    Right on, bro!