Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

a brown beer bottle costume to games? I am all for taunting/joking the opposing fans during the games but when the game is over, hands are shook and hopefully we thank each other for being a fan.

This guy in the brown beer bottle costume needs to grow up. I have seen him get into fights numerous times and basically take it to a level that is too far. Some younger guy and his girl friend were quietly leaving after the game causing no problems and this guy is calling her a whore, etc. I thought I was going to have to peel my wife off of him.

I know some folks on this board are probably no holds barred when it comes to Steeler fans and I have had my run-ins over the years but really when the game is over, its really only a game. Let it be. To call a quiet 22 year old girl a whore is really losing perspective and that is only one example from a long evening with this guy.

Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

I don't know the guy you are referring to, but I for one (season tix section 109) since 1999 am getting tired of the toxic environment caused by some of the Ravens fans.

I'm no saint, but the constant eff bombs and contrived filth coming out of the mouths of the 20 something year old people in my section is really getting old fast.

I like a funny line and I will laugh when someone says something funny, but man, all the screaming and cussing is pissing me off.

Whoever the Ravens fans in section 547 that threw beer cups at my wife as she was waiting for me to exit the restroom... let me run into you on the street. Tactless fuckrags.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

This goes on every game. Our fans are just as bad as any opposing ones. I think alot of it is due to beer, etc. If I ever have kids I'm sad to think that I'd have to make a decision on taking them to a game just because our fans have to throw the f-bombs around and drunk people act like idiots.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

It's football. If you don't want f-bombs, try the Lyric.

Wink Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

I've never seen the guy you describe, but his behavior sounds typical. I was embarassed two weeks in a row by the verbal abuse of female opponent fans. These women did not attend the game at our stadium in order to be harassed about their private body parts. Where do these kids learn basic manners and respect for women?

We have a large proportion of assholes at home and away games. It's not just drunks. Some of our fans, feeling safety in numbers, get pretty aggressive towards opponent fans. Are our fans as bad as the fans of the Raiders, Eagles, Steelers? In many instances, I would say no better. I have seen many Ravens fans booted at away games for taunting home fans and picking fights. I don't think there's yet been another stadium crowd outside of Baltimore to cheer injury to one of its own players.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    It's football. If you don't want f-bombs, try the Lyric.
    You need anger management then. I, personally, try not to cuss as much as possible because I'm conscious of young people around me.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    You need anger management then. I, personally, try not to cuss as much as possible because I'm conscious of young people around me.
    EXACTLY. Since when is football designed for the lower echelon of humanity? Bad words fly abundantly. When used in everyday context and not shouted ad nauseam , fine... but when my wife is called a Sqeelers cu** and pelted with plastic cups while she is waiting for me to finish in the restroom, then that is taking it to the extreme.

I know... that is the second time I mentioned that incident, but I am pissed about it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Cussing happens at an NFL game. If you dont want your kids to hear it dont bring them. As a parent or guardian you should be able to explain to the kids how he or she is wrong and just because he or she is saying that it doesnt mean the kid needs to be influenced. That opinion being said there is a limit and in my opinion the above incident exceeds that limit. I think that person is a jerk. I let a few f bombs slip out at times during the year. I try to limit them but sometimes they just come out. I do not cuss often but i bet i let one slide at least once a game because of emotion. The people in front of me use to turn and lecture me for 10 minutes. I have never tried to limit my language due to their lecture. I simply let them know my opinion as stated above. Believe it or not now we get along great and are even friends. I know a lot of you will not like this way of thinking but life is not always a bowl of cherries and just the nature of competition, the rough and tough nature of the game, the intensity of the fans, and the atmosphere in the stadium you are going to have that language. And for the most part the people that BITCH need to get over it.

There is a big difference between being an emotional fan and an emotionally stunted asshole. I also slip with the F word but I would never call a woman supporting another team a f-ing whore or throw a beer on one while calling her a c*#t or comment about any other woman's body parts. To say that is football and if you can't handle it then go to a play is exactly what the brown bottle coustume wearer would say.

I was always told to look at the role models for answers. I respect what Sports Steve always has to say and how he carries himself as a fan. I can't imagine in a millon years he would call a woman a whore or a cunt or throw a beer on anyone. I will find my answers and etiquette there. If others want to accept and tolerate "unfanlike" behavior in our stadium, I think you are sadly missing the point.

. I also slip with the F word but I would never call a woman supporting another team a f-ing whore or throw a beer on one while calling her a c*#t or comment about any other woman's body parts
    A few years ago during a preseason NYJ game a Baltimore fan got into a scuffle with a pregnant woman. The fan actually hit the woman. I dont care what she did or said, that was just plain wrong.

Also Anyone dressing up as a beer can to a game and hassling opposing fans is an ass. I'm sure the guy is loaded too. I'm surprised he is let in week after week.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I couldn't agree more, yes I let the F bomb go on occasion, but I do try and be mindful of kids around me and if I do it I apologize and I am one of those 20 something year olds, but I do not want to ruin a game for another fan. Last night though the line was crossed outside of section 126 as 1 of my friends and a steelr fan started to jaw back and forth, my fiance stepped in and tried to make it end and my friend left this steeler fan thought it was fine to shove my fiance and then punch her in the face...at that point I threw all respect for anyone else around me out the window and beat the shit out of that punk from pittsburgh and I would do it a 100 times over....there are 2 rules in life you don't talk to women a certain way and you never ever touch one especially mine!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim