Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213
  1. Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

If this discussion is now over- by the way, I've enjoyed reading EVERY post- can we now all focus our attention on the Cowgirls game that is fast approaching tomorrow night?!?!

Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

Houston,
    As a Navy vet having been stationed aboard a ship with attached Marines, they party hard! In Scotland, many a night we partied into the wee hours.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Now for my on-topic response...

Just because a fan wearing the opposing team colors enters M&T, that doesn't give us license to harrass them. Yes, its okay to talk football and maybe some smack, but its all good-natured.

When I went over to the Ravens-Saints game, I was out on that upper terrace at halftime. A Saints fan nearby said quite loudly that he wanted to punch the next Ravens fan he saw right in the face. That Ravens fan was me.

He turned and saw me (the Ravens were kicking the shit out of the Saints at that point) and said something about how the Ravens were pounding them, I pointed out that their offense was quite explosive (Bush, Colston et. al.) and could come back at any time. The guy responded with "Damn, you Ravens fans are so f*cking polite!" We shook hands and wished each other's teams success.
    I talked football with many other Saints fans that day, and all were genuinely happy we visited. Even on Bourbon Street that night after the win, they thanked me for coming. For me, it was a 5-hour drive, but for the Roost I was with, they had to fly down. Heck, they probably spent less than I did.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

The latest PM from RavenNurse and my response ....

Quote Originally Posted by RavenNurse
    Just curious...you coming to the next game
    EDIT: Took out my response ... not important and gave away a little too much info about me.

Looks like I might have a visitor at my section during the Jags game. I will bring the cookies! :D
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-19-2008 at 09:03 PM.

This should end well. :D
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    This should end well. :D
    Guys this is out of control! It is a f**king board. As you all are typing this crap, we have our troops fighting real battles, the Ravens are in Dallas getting ready for tomorrow and some child is wishing he had food and a clean warm place to sleep.

Get OVER IT !!! And Both of you GROW the F UP !!

NOW both get pissed at me if you have to but stop the crap!

(Someone has to do it)

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hahahahaha ....

Yep, sure am.

Dude, if you feel the need to flex, that's your business. Just understand one thing -- I am in law enforcement and I 100% guarantee you will not only go to jail, but I will see to it you lose your job -- AFTER me and my seat mates deal with you.

And if you think my badge doesnt carry any weight in Maryland, feel free to test that as well.

Do what you feel you need to do. :D
    Here is his response...Please tell me your precinct....
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Die thread, die! I think the point of diminshing returns ended a couple of pages ago. Now we're in some sort of twilight zone. Let's pull the plug and move on.

What a proud day for this board.

Mods?

And could we get an edit on RN's post, please, to remove the personally identifiable information quoted from HR's pm?

Idiots.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

So sad. It was such a good thread. We need a "hall of shame" forum, where threads like this can go. :respect
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!