Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I want to say that the guy I was talking about in this post has contacted me and apologized to me, my wife, the steeler fan and any other Raven fan who cares.
    As a Raven fan who cares, I think that's 100% class and I'm glad to hear it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    If she is wearing Stealturd colors in our house she is the enemy, is there to support the enemy, and if she really loved you would be a Ravens fan.
    I give up.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Fcowher View Post
    If she is wearing Stealturd colors in our house she is the enemy, is there to support the enemy, and if she really loved you would be a Ravens fan.
    :grbac:

Embarrassing.

FCowher... you do realize that we are talking about a sport, a game... right?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    She was a closet Steelers fan. She knew I was a Ravens fan, and she kept her colors hidden. Since we do not have DirecTV, and when the Ravens are away, I always had the ravens games on. I came home from work one evening, and she was watching football, wearing a Steelers jersey and hootin' and hollering at the TV. I said something to the effect of "What the fuck is this?". She quickly turned the channel and said she was watching whatever was on the other channel. But she forgot she was wearing the incriminating evidence. I was hoodwinked. The lawyer said that that was not grounds for a lawful divorce, and that she would be able to take me to the cleaners.

But I love her. She is cute when she watches football, even if it is the Steelers.
    So, there WAS an "AHA" moment!...oh, well, all that counts, really, is that you love her.... Congratulations on making an impossible situation work!!! Really! ...Which causes pause....If you can work THAT out, why are there any divorces?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    So, there WAS an "AHA" moment!...oh, well, all that counts, really, is that you love her.... Congratulations on making an impossible situation work!!! Really! ...Which causes pause....If you can work THAT out, why are there any divorces?
    LOL... That's funny. :D

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    FCowher... you do realize that we are talking about a sport, a game... right?
    XM, of course I realize it is a sport. In all seriousness if my wife was a Stealer fan it would be her business not mine. I wouldn't divorce her or anything like that but, I would not take her or any other Stealturd fan to the game. I would never tolerate anyone verbally or physically abusing my wife but I also would not take her into the lion's den wearing pork chop underwear. You took her in harms ways, then get upset at other folks cause they are abusive. Whether their behavior is right or wrong, that element is going to be there. What did you expect to happen with her wearing black and yellow colors? I would never endorse anyone hitting another fan or throwing beer at them but when I went to Philly a few years back wearing a Jamal jersey I expected to take abuse and believe me they piled it on. The best way to protect her is to leave her misguided toucas @ home.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Well men, I stayed away as long as I could. I've been in deep mourning since Sunday. :( I'm going to throw in my two cents since I am a woman. Dave, your wife is a (gulp) Steelers fan (I even used the proper term out of respect for you). I get your defense of her especially since she wasn't doing anything. I think, however, that you guys are being way too hard on yourselves. First of all, these rules of etiquette doesn't apply to this team. I have been to the Pissburgh. Let's see, I was called a cunt, a whore, Ratbird bitch, purple mother fucker and few other things that I didn't quite catch since it's hard to understand people when they only have 3 teeth. Oh, and some of those names were thrown at me by other women. The things said after we lost were way worse. No doubt, there are some out there that are intelligent, good fans and respectful of other teams' fans, but sometimes you're just guilty by association. Sorry, that's the nature of the beast. As for bringing your children to a game. I have 2 boys. I'm actually a very calm and rational person when it's not Squeeler week. I refuse to take them to a game until they are old enough to understand what is happening around them. If you choose to take your children to a game, then you must be prepared that they are going to be exposed to lots of foul language, not just f-bombs. Again, the nature of the beast. Personally, as a woman, I think we should be fair game. We go to at least one away game each year and 3-4 home games. I've seen women that are by far, worse than a man. If you're a woman and you act like that, I think fair's fair. I still don't think a man should hit a woman, but if you're acting like an idiot, you should be treated as such. In fact, I think many women get away with acting like that because they understand most men won't hit a girl.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    . I refuse to take them to a game until they are old enough to understand what is happening around them. If you choose to take your children to a game, then you must be prepared that they are going to be exposed to lots of foul language, not just f-bombs. Again, the nature of the beast. Personally, as a woman, I think we should be fair game. We go to at least one away game each year and 3-4 home games. I've seen women that are by far, worse than a man. If you're a woman and you act like that, I think fair's fair. I still don't think a man should hit a woman, but if you're acting like an idiot, you should be treated as such. In fact, I think many women get away with acting like that because they understand most men won't hit a girl.
    I too am female and this was my sons first Steeler game, at 13 he is the worst smack talker out there and he is a big boy. I got concerned at being put in the defenseless position with the whole chair thing. As a female I ask that no quarter be given. I grew up a Navy brat so language is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin Steve View Post
    I wouldn't rely on the SAFE guys to do anything.

I had a particularly nasty run in Sunday with the guy that sits behind me and has done so for 11 years. I don't know if he's on some kind of drugs when he shows up to games but he called my wife a cunt, her 60 year old father a pussy motherfucker and cussed at everyone around him. This is a Ravens fan. The blue jackets came up and we were told not to stand up to provoke him but nothing else was done. What are we supposed to do that doesn't involve jail time and losing my PSLs?

Last year around this time, he did the same thing to friends of mine who had my tickets. They were there with their 11 year old son who was called a 'fucking wimp'. When the mother objected, she was called a cunt. Despite complaints, phone calls and letters to the Ravens, he's still there. 'Chuck' in Section 543, Row 9 seats 11 and 12 or thereabouts - possibly 13 or 14, the row is longer behind me so the seats are numbered differently. Total douchebag. And I guarantee he'll be there next season doing the same thing.
    Steve, If David Model was atill around Chuck would be history
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    The way I look at is this. If I ever went to a game at Pissburgh, I would not wear any Ravens stuff. To me I would be asking for it. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is. I'm really not trying to blame the victim here, but again, you are asking for it if you wear opposing teams colors in a game like that. It's like walking in the middle of 695 during rush hour traffic then bitching you got hit by a car.
    Exactly...add a stupid ass towel and there you have it...recipe for disaster...and BTW Pissburgh fans did treat us like shit, I have video to prove it. We were on a bus trip minding our own business. I pulled out my camera to document it. Do wave your towel dont wear your colors= no problems
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    Steve, If David Model was atill around Chuck would be history
    Sounds like alot of people took a wrong turn and they were looking for the opera house or library or art museum. Football, dating back to the 50'2 always stood up and screwed and were rowdy. The stories my grandfather told me were remarkable..not to mention the pictures of the crowds always standing...what would be the response back then be if someone told them to sit down....hmmm..my bet is they would want the cry baby blue coat patrol to save them, only thing is, there were this many queers attending games back then.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens