Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

Stiller fans are ASSHOLES everywhere!!

I went to the local sports bar to watch the game and flew my RAVEN flags on my car. After leaving at the end of the game......they had broken one of three flags on my car. They even took the flag with them.

What they don't know is that now they will be forever cursed by the RAVEN!!!!!

If I'm at a Raven's home game and see another Raven's fan cussing a woman or a child I will damn sure say something to them. If I see another Raven's fan hit, throw beer on or spit on a woman or a child I'll just have to spend the night in jail because we're gonna fight
    WOW, Thats hardcore. I wouldnt go to the Hero extreme. however I would gladly point out to safe who the trouble makers are and ask them if they could remove them from the stands.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    I got a great idea too. It involves you, a short pier and a long walk. She is not the enemy. She is my wife.
    Dave.....I'm truly sorry for the behavior of some Ravens fans toward your wife. Believe me, I DO NOT like Steeler fans OR their team. That being said, I would never display ANY objectionable behavior toward any woman, child, or elderly fan in attendance at a Ravens game, even if they are opposing fans. This IS cowardly. Although I had nothing to do with the rude treatment your wife received, my comments were a result of still being miffed about the results of the game. Not that it is of any consequences, but my youngest sons best friend is a Steeler fan. He is 18 and was wearing his Big Jen jersey. I think of this boy (young man) as a fourth son. I made him wear an overcoat for the trip down to M&T. I also gave him fair warning of possible consequences. I think it's just the nature of the beast, right or wrong. My apoligies to your family, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    You quote "Dont be a jerk" I will quote "I will protect this house"

Furthermore, I dont see too many people complaining, like people in this thread, acting as a Ravens fan should. Stand, be loud, and make it a "hostile environment". Thats what our stadium should be.
    There is no defense for being an asshole. I was trying to be nice, but that's the truth. Don't be an asshole, don't be a jerk. Don't call people you don't know bad names.

How fucking low does the bar have to be? All I'm saying is, don't go up to complete strangers and call them names. And you won't agree with that. You defend this house like Frank Walker. What I'm saying is, defend the house like Ed Reed. Show some fucking class.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

5. Re: Anyone know a Raven's fan that wears...

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    a brown beer bottle costume to games? I am all for taunting/joking the opposing fans during the games but when the game is over, hands are shook and hopefully we thank each other for being a fan.
    Well said, below is a link worth reading. A bit long but it sums up what you describe and maybe goes a step further.

Rugby players think at times they are the only sportsmen who understand camaraderie and sportsmanship. Obviously that is not the case. Below is a post from a blog that for obvious reasons has become very popular in Ireland.

A brief history, Ireland has never beaten in New Zealand in over 100+ years of competition of rugby. In fact, only one provincial side, Munster, beat the All Blacks in 1978. A few weeks ago Munster almost did it again and here is the story. It is something too many American fans needs to think about-- a small minority of idiots but still a problem .

http://www.thecupiscominghome.com/do...5&doc_id=14244

if the link breaks

http://tinyurl.com/6xh6ke

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

I'll tell you this right now. If I'm at a Raven's home game and see another Raven's fan cussing a woman or a child I will damn sure say something to them. If I see another Raven's fan hit, throw beer on or spit on a woman or a child I'll just have to spend the night in jail because we're gonna fight. I don't know about some of the people in this thread but my Daddy taught me there are just some things you don't let slide.
    Wow.....key board commando, real man!!! I 'd rather doubt you would make it thru a night at Central Booking.:girlfight Lets call a truce fellow Ravens fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    Dave.....I'm truly sorry for the behavior of some Ravens fans toward your wife. Believe me, I DO NOT like Steeler fans OR their team. That being said, I would never display ANY objectionable behavior toward any woman, child, or elderly fan in attendance at a Ravens game, even if they are opposing fans. This IS cowardly. Although I had nothing to do with the rude treatment your wife received, my comments were a result of still being miffed about the results of the game. Not that it is of any consequences, but my youngest sons best friend is a Steeler fan. He is 18 and was wearing his Big Jen jersey. I think of this boy (young man) as a fourth son. I made him wear an overcoat for the trip down to M&T. I also gave him fair warning of possible consequences. I think it's just the nature of the beast, right or wrong. My apoligies to your family, sir.
    Fair enough. It's all good. Believe me, my wife was warned about the consequences of wearing her Steelers jersey. She is not a braggart or a trouble maker at the games. She sits down and claps for her team. She does not trash talk and would never twirl a towel. I do not like the Steelers and can't stand the fans either. I just happen to be married to one (an interesting story in and of itself). My point is simply this. she was minding her own business, waiting for me and she was pelted with beer cups and called horrific names, simply because she was wearing her team's jersey. There is a fundamental difference between being a Ravens fan and "protecting your house" to assaulting a fan of the opposing team simply because she is wearing a jersey from the other team.

If she was mouthy and a trash talker, I could understand to some degree being called names. But she is not an instigator, and avoids conflict if at all possible (she can neither throw or take a punch).
    Last edited by xmradiodave; 12-16-2008 at 01:39 PM.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post
    Wow.....key board commando, real man!!! I 'd rather doubt you would make it thru a night at Central Booking.:girlfight Lets call a truce fellow Ravens fan!

I don't think darb is a keyboard commando. He's a big dude (former offensive lineman, I think) and a Southern Gentleman, as well.

And besides, being rude to women and children is just cowardly behaviour. Just call SAFE if they're the offenders and avoid a possibly nasty confrontation. It's impossible to win a battle against a woman or a child.:girlfight

XMRADIODAVE: May I ask a personal question? Did you fall in love with her in the off-season?, and then it was too late when Football season came along? Pardon my intrusion, but I was just wonderin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    XMRADIODAVE: May I ask a personal question? Did you fall in love with her in the off-season?, and then it was too late when Football season came along? Pardon my intrusion, but I was just wonderin'?
    She was a closet Steelers fan. She knew I was a Ravens fan, and she kept her colors hidden. Since we do not have DirecTV, and when the Ravens are away, I always had the ravens games on. I came home from work one evening, and she was watching football, wearing a Steelers jersey and hootin' and hollering at the TV. I said something to the effect of "What the fuck is this?". She quickly turned the channel and said she was watching whatever was on the other channel. But she forgot she was wearing the incriminating evidence. I was hoodwinked. The lawyer said that that was not grounds for a lawful divorce, and that she would be able to take me to the cleaners.

But I love her. She is cute when she watches football, even if it is the Steelers.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Dave...once again, I'm glad your okay with me. My apology is indeed sincere. As far a Darbs72, I'm just using the words he directed at me. Truce with all my Raven brothers ( & sisters) and lets MOVE ON!!!!..... TO DALLAS!!!!......:happyanim GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me Ravensarge, if I was truly pissed, I would have been a bit more descriptive than the long walk/short pier suggestion. No hard feelings.
    Last edited by xmradiodave; 12-16-2008 at 04:03 PM.