Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Class Action Case against NFL !!!

The problem with those calls today are it isnt cut and dry or black/white. The "1st down' did look short....but in the replay you cant see the ball, only the players and the assumption of where the ball is, unfortunately thats not enought to overturn, and call on the field stands, same with the TD, its soooo close that the nose of the ball is touching that "imaginary" line....its a subjective call....I didnt think it went across but it wasnt blatantly obvious it wasnt in.

We lost the game cuz we couldnt punch it in the endzone on 3 tries we had down their end, and couldnt stop them on the last drive.....its sucks...but thats it......now we got a beat a surging cowboys team away next week....and hope the pats and dolphins lose.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: Class Action Case against NFL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    I didnt think it went across but it wasnt blatantly obvious it wasnt in.
    And there's the problem I had with that play. The ruling on the field was that it was not a TD. I saw nothing in the replay that showed irrefutable evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

Please note... DO NOT RESPOND TO THE STILLER FANS that try to get into the thread to say it was our D that lost the game. Sure I already said that we needed the Stillers stopped on the last drive out of FG range to win the game and that was our team that did not hold them off.

However I will respond to the 1st down that gave them 3 points:

The ball was in the arms of the player and the player never made it past Ray Lewis! Ray was on the first down marker and that is 100% clear in all replays!

Total 100% BS !!! The TD like I said was 50/50, however I do not think it should have been overturned. The game should have went into OT and let them play it out with out the Refs!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    The problem with those calls today are it isnt cut and dry or black/white. The "1st down' did look short....but in the replay you cant see the ball, only the players and the assumption of where the ball is, unfortunately thats not enought to overturn, and call on the field stands, same with the TD, its soooo close that the nose of the ball is touching that "imaginary" line....its a subjective call....I didnt think it went across but it wasnt blatantly obvious it wasnt in.
    We should have executed. But we got hosed on both those calls. And the TD call was overturning the call on the field.

We got hosed by the officials.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I typically take the "Oh, well... it is what it is" attitude toward suspect calls, but I have watched replay after replay of that phantom TD, and I can NOT see where the ball breaks the plane. Watched it on the jumbo tron, watched it on line in slow motion... can not see it. Fuck it... officiating blew this one. Would it have changed the ultimate outcome of the game? Can't say, but it should have gone to OT.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I have been saying this for years.

It is one thing when an official misses a call, but when it gets reviewed and turns against you twice in one game and once last week, something isn't right.

I think back to the Cleveland game with the field goal called good on the field, game over, not reviewable, and they get on the phone, go in the booth and reverse it.

You could start the case with the bullshit expansion bidding, where the two best packages are not taken in lieu of Jacksonville and Carolina.

Count me the fuck in, or if you just want to storm the main office in New York, I'll burn the fucker down. I really won't burn anything, it just sounded good.

...and people think the Rooney rule was a provision to hire minority coaches? Total bull, reality says the Rooney rule indicates any owner with serious NFL clout gets the benefit of any close call, never was it more apparent than the game yesterday. I'll quote Phil Simms "I don't even think his helmet reached the first down marker".

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

For ball spotting they should have a sensors in each nose of the ball and GPS tracking or whatever to pinpoint the point of the ball.They do it in Tennis,its time to do it in the NFL.

Old men with fading eyes,trying to look through a wave of flying bodies and mayhem at 100 mph just doesn't cut it anymore.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

UPDATE !!! We had our meeting with David Preller of Preller & Preller in Towson . David said this type of case would cost around $20,000 in fees to file, however he would not expect any payment from the NFL due to the fact it would open the door on all sports officiation. He does believe that the case would prove a major point to the NFL and would force the NFL to make better calls. We would need to raise $20,000 to start the case. Those paying would be named in the suit. The rest of the claims would be part of the Class Action however would only get a smaller payment in the unlikely event of a settlement that involves payment.

We would sue for the total ticket price of all seats in the stadium (around $7 mm)

Who is really in on this idea? Like I said the chances of us seeing a dime is slim to none... But our VOICES will be heard !

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Who is really in on this idea? Like I said the chances of us seeing a dime is slim to none... But our VOICES will be heard
    This reminds me of a campaign that was put together when I first bought my tickets to the ravens....I think it was called diaper day. I remember scatching my head about that one and I seem to be doing the same thing here
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I'll send y'all ten bucks if it'll help. I don't care about seeing a dime of the money if we actually win, I just want that ref thrown out of the league.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

It should never have come down to an official making a bullshit overturn based on "evidence" that certainly could not be deemed "irrefutable".

We let them hang around with lame offensive play, just like we let the Titans hang around, and in the end (both times) the D screwed the pooch.

We can play with those guys, but we need to finish the deal.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012