Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Lewis The Legend

From the Sun

… Lewis was recently named by NFL offensive players as the one defensive player they would rather not encounter, according to Sports Illustrated. "I always want to be remembered as that guy that every play you've got to deal with me," Lewis said. "That's the respect you look for. You don't look for it outside. You look for it from your peers and people that you play against. So when you do get that type of respect, it just goes to show that all the hard work that you do put in, it pays off."

2. Re: Ray Lewis The Legend

I saw this a while ago... He is the most feared defensive player in years! Can you blame them?? Go Ray Ray!

Re: Ray Lewis The Legend

Ray Ray is the badest man i ever personally watched play the game. Dude is sick makes any play that comes his way and makes more plays by going and making shit happen. It was a toss up who my all time favorite athlete is but RAY is hands down my favortie of all time.

The other 2,were Ken Griffey Jr. and of course Cal Ripken Jr.

But Ray Lewis is past his prime and has lost a few steps. He should be released at the end of the season.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I remember in 9/1/96 when he as a rookie in our first game picked a pass in the end-zone and came out doing the raise the roof and thinking this guy is crazy and he won over our city with the passion and his play. Think about it EVERYTHING this franchise has been has his stamp on it. I am so looking forward to watching him do his per-game dance this weekend!!!! Ray Lewis is Johnny U of our era.

6. Re: Ray Lewis The Legend

without a doubt RAY is the heart and soul of the team...not just the DEFENSE

cracks me up when people say he's lost a step

Blog Entries

I can remember some flack from the Sun when we drafted him, and Ozzie having to come out and defend the pick saying don't worry about the pick, we know what we got.
    I would venture a guess that as sure as Ozzie was on picking Ray, that you could probably get him to admit today that he didn't really know what he got.
    There is no way he could have seen a probowl in the 12th season and a HOF lock, he knew he had an great pick, he just didn't know HOW great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I can remember some flack from the Sun when we drafted him, and Ozzie having to come out and defend the pick saying don't worry about the pick, we know what we got.
    I would venture a guess that as sure as Ozzie was on picking Ray, that you could probably get him to admit today that he didn't really know what he got.
    There is no way he could have seen a probowl in the 12th season and a HOF lock, he knew he had an great pick, he just didn't know HOW great.
    Ray has always been pretty convincing in person. He may have thought he was going to be good when he saw the film, but when he looked him in the eye, he knew he was going to be great.

I get the chills when I hear Ray talk before a game. I feel the energy, and the courage pouring out of him, and am just about ready to go cover a kickoff. Even the old "any dogs in the house" routine still gets the hair on the neck up, because you know he is serious.

It ain't hard to tell... We are all Witnesses to history every time he takes the field...

Interesting article in the sunpaper today about Ray putting on 15 pounds this year. In the past he has lost weight in order to not lose a step. This year he added weight and is smacking the crap out of people. I thought he looked like he was hitting harder this year. That hit against Mendenhall where he shattered his shoulder hitting him straight up should be legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens4ever View Post
    You want to do him don't you?
    Naw, I'm pretty happy with you as my main biatch...

Now go fix a brotha a ham sandwich!!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Naw, I'm pretty happy with you as my main biatch...

Now go fix a brotha a ham sandwich!!

Smh... Classic