Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Best way to and from M&T Stadium from Harford County?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I used to take Light Rail to both Orioles and Ravens games, but gave it up in favor of the speedier driving/parking and (for Ravens games) tailgating. We are considering having our second shift of family take the Light Rail next season instead of two parking passes.

When does the first Light Rail depart Cromwell station? We sometimes have friends/family join us for tailgating via the Light Rail, but they complained that the trains don't leave until 10:30 am. I had thought that there was once a special train for earlier Ravens fans.

Also, when we took the Saturday 10:00 am Light Rail train to Navy-Notre Dame, the lines for the antiquated ticket machines were a dozen deep. The attendant told everyone to just get on the train and pay for a round-trip fare when exiting at the stadium. Unlike the way it used to be at Orioles games, there was no booth set up for fast cash sales of r/t tickets. Is this typical for Ravens games, or is it more organized?
    I don't know what time the trains start as I usually can't get myself in gear earlier than to get to cromwell by 11 am. At that point the lot is usually full so there have been at least several trains. You can buy a season pass for Ravens games before the season starts and that allows us to bypass the horrible machines and just hop on.

2. Re: Best way to and from M&T Stadium from Harford County?

I used to take Light Rail to both Orioles and Ravens games, but gave it up in favor of the speedier driving/parking and (for Ravens games) tailgating. We are considering having our second shift of family take the Light Rail next season instead of two parking passes.

When does the first Light Rail depart Cromwell station? We sometimes have friends/family join us for tailgating via the Light Rail, but they complained that the trains don't leave until 10:30 am. I had thought that there was once a special train for earlier Ravens fans.

Also, when we took the Saturday 10:00 am Light Rail train to Navy-Notre Dame, the lines for the antiquated ticket machines were a dozen deep. The attendant told everyone to just get on the train and pay for a round-trip fare when exiting at the stadium. Unlike the way it used to be at Orioles games, there was no booth set up for fast cash sales of r/t tickets. Is this typical for Ravens games, or is it more organized?
    Looks like they're right. 10:31 is the first train north from Cromwell. Last train out is 8:19. Good thing the state's cutting back on public transportation funding.:( Those aren't convenient for football at all.
    Here's a link to the scedule anyway:

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/...t%20Rail83.pdf

Thumbs down Re: Best way to and from M&T Stadium from Harford County?

So, let's get the recent transportation "improvements" summarized:

- MTA express busses which used to run on a schedule have been replaced with private run busses which only run when full, and at 5X the price

- Light Rail responds to the demand for tailgating by delaying its start time from 10 am to 10:30 am (and watch for further delays and fewer trains)

- Stadium parking is reduced by 400+ cars and 50+ busses by turning Lot J into a gambling hall

- The City imposes a parking tax hike of $16/car in 2009, which should increase stadium area parking to the $40 to $50 range

- and while freight trains run rampant, MARC trains to the stadium area are still idle on Sundays (unlike train service in other NFL cities)

Isn't this a great State to live in?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Lets not forget the city budget is so strapped they have reduced the patrols around the harbor to almost nothing.

I looked around on the net and the parking tax increase is 16% per car, not $16 still anyway you look at it its a ripoff.

So, let's get the recent transportation "improvements" summarized:

- MTA express busses which used to run on a schedule have been replaced with private run busses which only run when full, and at 5X the price

- Light Rail responds to the demand for tailgating by delaying its start time from 10 am to 10:30 am (and watch for further delays and fewer trains)

- Stadium parking is reduced by 400+ cars and 50+ busses by turning Lot J into a gambling hall

- The City imposes a parking tax hike of $16/car in 2009, which should increase stadium area parking to the $40 to $50 range

- and while freight trains run rampant, MARC trains to the stadium area are still idle on Sundays (unlike train service in other NFL cities)

Isn't this a great State to live in?
    It is a travesty that the lightrail after how many years now? 10? still isn't consistent and truly effective. It doesn't seem to be too complicated of a system. I read yesterday that there will also be tracks running east and west. I think they should figure out north and south first.

It would be nice to have lightrail in Harford County.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Light Rail?!!! We're talking about LIGHT RAIL?!!!

Just drive and park in a pay lot and enjoy the Inner Harbor while you're there...

Because frankly... THE LIGHT RAIL IS WHAT WE THOUGHT IT WAS!!