Obama approval rating at 79%

A new CNN poll finds 79% of Americans approve of President-elect Obama's performance so far during transition, with just 18% disapproving.

Obama's approval rating is 14 points higher than the approval rating for President-elect George Bush in 2001 and 17 points higher than President-elect Clinton's rating in 1992.

I like this quote the best though:

Said analyst Bill Schneider: "An Obama job approval rating of 79% -- that's the sort of rating you see when the public rallies around a leader after a national disaster. To many Americans, the Bush administration was a national disaster."

:word

Re: Obama approval rating at 79%

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    A new CNN poll finds 79% of Americans approve of President-elect Obama's performance so far during transition, with just 18% disapproving.

Obama's approval rating is 14 points higher than the approval rating for President-elect George Bush in 2001 and 17 points higher than President-elect Clinton's rating in 1992.

I like this quote the best though:

Said analyst Bill Schneider: "An Obama job approval rating of 79% -- that's the sort of rating you see when the public rallies around a leader after a national disaster. To many Americans, the Bush administration was a national disaster."

:word
    Count me in as one of those Americans

Blog Entries

The Communist News Network. Why should I be surprised? :D

Curious what it will be once this Illinois mess is sorted out.

The week the Foley scandal broke out, Gov. Ehrlich lost 5 points and he had zero connection to Foley.

By the way, Bush had approval ratings of similar numbers during his first and second election.

Excuse me while I yawn a lot at this thread.