Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Baltimore's Greatest NFL Players

We want you to play the role of Ozzie Newsome and put together the best 53man roster from the list of candidates that you will see by position. The roster will be configured much like that of a modern day NFL roster and some decisions will be difficult.

Could you imagine “The Turk” visiting Todd Heap or Adalius Thomas or Priest Holmes?

We hope that this ballot is the topic of some friendly office, pub or living room banter.

LET’S GO YOU BALTIMORE NFL TEAM!

VOTE HERE

balt-greatest-500x500.jpg

Re: Baltimore's Greatest NFL Players

I couldn't vote for all time best QB cause Kyle Boller wasn't on the list...

- C -

TL,

That is a great idea !! I enjoy seeing just how much the fans on your site really know about the Baltimore History and Now.

psu .. now that is just freeking priceless !!! ( I was looking for Elvis LOL )

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

In all fairness I can not make an all Baltimore NFL team since I did not see most of the old HOF level players, and that was still fun so how about the all Ravens top 45 all time game day roster.

QBs
    06 McNair
    08 Flacco

RBs
    03 Jamal Lewis
    00 Preist Holmes

FBs
    08 McLain
    03 Ricard

WRs
    07 Mason
    98 Jackson
    98 Alexander
    00 Ismail

TEs
    00 Sharpe
    06 Heap

LTs
    03 JO
    08 Gaither

Gs
    03 Mulitalo
    08 Yanda

Cs
    08 Brown
    03 Flynn

Rt
    03 Zeus

All Raven D
    DE
    00 Mcrarry
    06 Pryce
    00 Burnett

DT
    08 Nagta
    00 Goose
    06 Gregg
    00 Adams

OLBs
    06 AD
    00 Boulware
    08 Suggs
    00 Sharper
    08 J Johnson

MBs
    Ray on any day he was healthy.
    06 Scott

CBs
    00 C Mac
    06 Rolle
    00 Starks
    08 Washington

FSs
    05 Reed
    00 Woodson

SS
    06 Landry
    08 Leonard

K 06 Stover

P 08 Koch

KR 00 Jermaine Lewis

LS 08 Katula. Never had a bad snap that I can remember, and he is solid on coverage. unsung hero rounding out the gameday roster of all time, so far. Not really sure if all time gameday roster makes any sense compared to just all time team, but special teams are important and you won't win many games without a long snapper.

Thats a great poll...It would be even better if you could list the top vote getters in order after each position. anyway, it was fun filling that out.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Great poll.

Billick ahead of Shula and Ewbank? It was not my choice but I like it.

Btw I could have used one more spot at RB.. sorry Priest, TE.. sorry Sharpe and DT, leaving out both Goose and Adams did hurt. But Donovan, Buddy Lee and Haloti Superman I like them more... Still those two guys probably helped to made the biggest impact.

But Eric Turner with only one season seems not rigth. Even though he probably was our first probowler.. together with Vinnie?

That was cool, but where is Andy Nelson? Not only gthe best BBQ around, but a 2 time pro bowler for the Colts. The man tells some great stories of the old Colts, I could listen to them all day. Maybe there should be an option for write in canidates???!!! I could go for some of his pulled pork right now!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

No love for Rob Burnett?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

It's a travesty that Kyle freakin Richardson has nearly as many votes as David Lee when any true football fan knows that Kyle couldn't carry Lee's jock strap!:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    That was cool, but where is Andy Nelson? Not only gthe best BBQ around, but a 2 time pro bowler for the Colts. I could go for some of his pulled pork right now!!
    Agree. You put Ray's and Andy's before me and I eat Andy's, but I ain't going to turn down either.

Nice to see Parker... I had always thought of him as a guard (3 pro bowls) had forgotten he shifted over from Tackle (5 Pro Bowls) to make room for Vogel. The trading card I can still picture in my mind was guard. Just learned that in '56 he finished 8th in the Heisman trophy vote.

Hardest choices for me were DTs. Just couldn't vote for the Rabbit ahead of some of the others (or Gregg for that matter but I wish I could have)

Nice to see Captain Who still remembered.

Interesting game. The offensive picks certainly skew towards the old Colts while defense would certainly lean towards the Ravens. The votes I was most surprised at were DT, QB & TE, particularly with all the votes for Shannon Sharpe. I know we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without him but his time here was so short I was a bit surprised he was so close to John Mackey.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I couldn't vote for all time best QB cause Kyle Boller wasn't on the list...

- C -
    BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

Why is there not more outrage from others on this board??!!??!!??!!