Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldest game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coldest game?

I was wondering what people thought if that game was the coldest game we've had? They said it was about 10 with the wind chill. I thought last years game vs. NE was cold but I felt colder last night. Even with 2 pairs of wool socks and snow boots my toes were frozen by the 3rd quarter.

Anyone have a secret keeping toes warm...please teach me! No alchol please. :)
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Coldest game?

I bought the Grabber Warmer insoles. With 2 pairs of socks and sneakers my toes were warm until the very end when they started feeling a little cold.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

drop a few "hand warmers" in your boots before putting them on. The kind you can buy at walmart or sporting goods stores. The air activated warmers. Do NOT slip them into your socks. makes your feet sweat terribly, making them actually feel colder when the warmers lose their heat after time.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Others made similar observations about last night being the coldest Ravens game ever, but I didn't feel it. My toes stayed warm throughout the game. Maybe it's from finally taking my mother's advice as to how to dress for cold games: 5 thin layers of shirt, pants, socks, triple scarves, double head protection, and Hot Hands for fingers and toes.

As to protecting the toes: 4 very thin layers of socks, one layer thermal socks with a pouch for the toe-warmer, activated just before going inside the stadium, in lined boots. And a square cut from a cardboard box to provide a small air cushion between my boots and the frozen concrete floor. I also changed from sneakers to the boots just before going into the stadium. Also, I get up to walk about for a few minutes during the commercial breaks after every score or punt.

The tailgate party was colder than the stadium. I kept my toes warm at the tailgate party by hanging the soles of my shoes over the fire pit. Every time the soles of my shoes ignited, I had to rememeber to quickly stomp my feet!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Not even close.

The Denver playoff game and Bengals '03 were FAR more uncomfortable at least to me.

I wasn't at Vikings '01 but many have said that was brutal as well.

Steelers '03 was rather bitter too as I recall.

Like Ted, I think I finally got dressing for a cold game down right. I wasn't cold at all yesterday and I'm a self-proclaimed "cold wuss".

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I was warm last night. Toe warmers are a must...two pairs of socks and gortex hiking shoes. Leather boots just get cold to me. Long underwear...tops and bottoms. Pair of tight, fleece hiking pants under a regular pants. Turtle neck + two fleece tops and jersey. Two hats and two pairs of gloves with hand warmers. I was toasty. I had a jacket I brought which I just sat on all night.

I think the coldest game ever for Ravens game was the postponed 9-11 Vikings game played in late december. That game was friggen cold.

Unfortunately, wasn't there last night but my brother said it wasn't too bad. The coldest game for me was a couple of years ago. I can't remember who we were playing (I blame that on the Crown) but it was a 1pm game in Decmeber and it had snowed its ass off the night before. They had the inmates shoveling snow all before kick-off. That was bitter. It was nice just throwing the beer in the snowbanks though. Anyone know which game I'm referring to? I know we won and that's really all that matters.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

I thought last night was not that bad.
    The Greenbay Monday night game was much worse.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

T is correct, take a newspaper or piece of cardboard in with you and stand on it...it makes more of a difference than you would think....

'01 MNF vs the Vikings gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    Ditto.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    That or the Packers game in 2005.

It was cold last night but not the coldest I've felt out there.

PP