Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldest game?

Re: Coldest game?

I wasn't at the game last night, but I was at the MNF Game against the Vikings (2001 season, but officially January of 2002). Although I certainly dressed for the night (several layers of everything), it was no doubt the coldest I have ever been in my life. Especially since I was out from 5 pm until 1 AM that night.

The wind was extremely strong that night (stronger than last night, since a cold front had just passed through that afternoon), resulting in bitter bitter wind chills.

Very nasty night.

I would have to agree with Vikings in 01 being the coldest game

I still have to go with the 2000 Denver Playoff game, that game was brutal.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I think the 03 Bengal game was the coldest by far. It had snowed the friday before the game, none of the snow was removed in the aisles. My feet were sitting on a block of ice and the wind was just as bad as yesterday. Brutal.
    Section 103 Row 7

I gotta go with the 2000 Denver playoff game as well. Lastnight was very cold thats for sure. Nothing like sneeking in small bottles of bailey's and kahlua for the hot coco. That kept me toasty.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    I'm just glad we're a cold weather team again.

I had thought that the Ravens have fairly consistently been a "cold weather team". The only seasons that I recall playing at a lower level in December than the earlier months were 2002 and 2004.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

And you yankees are supposed to be used to that kind of weather.

-15 wind chill at noon on the last National Championship we won. If you go back and watch the game, I'm the purple-ish blob blocking the heater from everybody else.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Early forecast for Sunday' game is between the 40s with lows in the 30s. Much warmer...
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I think Top 5 Coldest were the 05 Packers, 01 Vikes, 00 Broncos Playoff, 07 Pats, & Last Nite in no order.

I was at the Army/Navy game in 2000 (I think), and that was brutally cold.

Actually the coldest I was ever at a game was the 00 SD Playoff Clinching Game. It was about 34/35 with mist/rain.... I did not dress in waterproof warm clothing and boy did I pay for it. My jeans and sweatshirt got soaked. I was shivering so bad that I actually had to go into the bathroom for the whole third qtr just to try to stop my shaking.

Actually the coldest I was ever at a game was the 00 SD Playoff Clinching Game. It was about 34/35 with mist/rain.... I did not dress in waterproof warm clothing and boy did I pay for it. My jeans and sweatshirt got soaked. I was shivering so bad that I actually had to go into the bathroom for the whole third qtr just to try to stop my shaking.
    Sounds like my last experience in Denver...the fun-filled fiasco in 2006 when it drizzled unexpectedly the whole game. I was soaked nearly 100% and nearly froze.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The Bengals game a few years ago (I think it was '03) was about as cold as I've been at a game. It was actually, as I recall, a sunny day, but it was butt freezing cold.

Of course, last night was probably at least as bad, but I'm guessing since I wasn't actually there. I was cold just watching it from my sofa. But the important common element in those two games -- we won both of them. And everyone was on the Bengals bandwagon in '03, predicting they'd overtake us and win the division, and they got beaten down easily. That made the 17 degree temp or whatever it was worth it.

12. Re: Coldest game?

Last night was cold but the wind died down alot so wasnt as cold as i thought it be. I was fine, didnt even need my face mask that i usually wear when its really cold. The Green Bay game was colder i thought..also a night game, Broncos game was cold but was day game, so had the "warmth" of the sun! The vikings game was fine til the 3rd quarter....the wind picked up and it got real cold.

I mean when i got to my car after the game the temp gauge said 29....thats not cold.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com