Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McGahee

Re: McGahee

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    For some reason since McGahee came to the Ravens, he's been a turnover factory...Before he got here, he only had 3 turnovers in his career :grbac:
    I wonder why? Could it be he has just completely lost it or maybe he just isn't a good fit for Cameron's offense and the Hardball work ethic
    He had three fumbles in 2004, one in 2005, four in 2006, all with the Bills. He had four last year with us, three so far this year.

2. Re: McGahee

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    He had three fumbles in 2004, one in 2005, four in 2006, all with the Bills. He had four last year with us, three so far this year.
    Then I was mis-informed

McGahee has had two 100+/1 TD games this year, and a bunch of games where he was splitting carries, and he missed a few games for injury.
    And lately he's been horrid.

My point was it's extremely apparent that he is ineffective right now and last night wasn't the only example.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd christmas View Post
    If Buffalo fans were to read this board right now, they'd be falling out of their chairs laughing.
    Lol. Sad, but oh so true.

5. Re: McGahee

Are you serious right now? We do NOT need anymore RB's in this upcoming draft. We have Rice and McClain and we have other postions that need to be drafted (CB,WR,TE) If we draft a RB it should be late in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Regardless if Willis is back next year, they need to draft another RB that can get to the edge and motor like a Chris Johson or Steve Slaton.

I am really disappointed w/ WM....he's a bust right now.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd christmas View Post
    If Buffalo fans were to read this board right now, they'd be falling out of their chairs laughing.
    I bet they'd take McGahee back if it meant they had a 9-4 record.

PP

If you look at McGahee's career, he has great games against the AFC East teams but pretty much everyone else it is average at best.

He just runs too damn upright. Sure he is scanning the line to find where the hole is going to open up, but against good Run Ds, you cannot do this. Constrast him to McClain.... McClain lowers his head, making him harder to tackle, and drives forward. McGahee just isnt a good inside runner, and doesnt have the speed or suddeness to break off big runs. See what happened to Shaun Alexander.... McGahee is a similar runner, and is hitting the wall just like Shaun did.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    And lately he's been horrid.

My point was it's extremely apparent that he is ineffective right now and last night wasn't the only example.

PP
    Edit - Oops, Sorry, it was HR that brought up the Dog House Crap!

And yet you persist with this DogHouse crap? You summed it up right there! McGahee was ineffective, McClain time!

I still really don't buy into any of this "Mike Preston" generated "DogHouse" crap. If you are the best player available, you will play! Harbs has said, ad nauseum, the best 45 will be active, the best 11 will be on the field!

A dinged up Willis at 75% is not as good as Rice/McClain at 100%, thus Willis' carries will be limited, or, eliminated. He will serve as our emergency back.

It was the same thing earlier in the year with C-Mac! He was injured, maybe only at 50-65%, the Colts exposed him, thus he was done! A healthy Frank Walker WAS better than C-Mac at 50-65%! Harrison hasn't dominated anyone like he did C-Mac before or since!

One thing Harbs has instituted, and seems to have front office support with, is that he doesn't care what your salary is, if you aren't the best player available for your position, YOU WILL NOT PLAY!

If Mike Preston wants to call this the DogHouse, fine. I guess that sells papers. But, it's performance related, throughout practice and then during the game, that determines how much a player is used!
    Last edited by Gwaihir; 12-08-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

McGahee has had two 100+/1 TD games this year, and a bunch of games where he was splitting carries, and he missed a few games for injury.
    And why do you think he is splitting carries? If he was playing like a featured back do you think they would have him in a limited role like that?

Do you think they would be benching him for games at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I bet they'd take McGahee back if it meant they had a 9-4 record.

PP
    Huh??? They would take our whole team with McGahee, but just McGahee means you aren't a 9-4 team. Probably 4-9

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Edit - Oops, Sorry, it was HR that brought up the Dog House Crap!

And yet you persist with this DogHouse crap? You summed it up right there! McGahee was ineffective, McClain time!

I still really don't buy into any of this "Mike Preston" generated "DogHouse" crap. If you are the best player available, you will play! Harbs has said, ad nauseum, the best 45 will be active, the best 11 will be on the field!

A dinged up Willis at 75% is not as good as Rice/McClain at 100%, thus Willis' carries will be limited, or, eliminated. He will serve as our emergency back.

It was the same thing earlier in the year with C-Mac! He was injured, maybe only at 50-65%, the Colts exposed him, thus he was done! A healthy Frank Walker WAS better than C-Mac at 50-65%! Harrison hasn't dominated anyone like he did C-Mac before or since!

One thing Harbs has instituted, and seems to have front office support with, is that he doesn't care what your salary is, if you aren't the best player available for your position, YOU WILL NOT PLAY!

If Mike Preston wants to call this the DogHouse, fine. I guess that sells papers. But, it's performance related, throughout practice and then during the game, that determines how much a player is used!
    Of course it's a cominbation of things.

Keep believing he's not in the doghouse.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And why do you think he is splitting carries? If he was playing like a featured back do you think they would have him in a limited role like that?

Do you think they would be benching him for games at a time?
    He's splitting carries because at times we need a bruising back for a 3rd and 2 situation and McClain has been that back and more. With McClain playing better than expected he is getting more carries, common sense. Also McGahee's injuries are keeping him sidelined as well IMO. I think Harbaugh is going with the hot hand and in this case it's been McClain. McGahee's fumble last night sure as hell didn't help.