Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
Results 193 to 204 of 205
  1. #193

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins



    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have to get HW's back on this.

    Yes, we won. And yes, we are 9-4. We actually have only lost the number of games I thought we'd win. So as far as I was concerned, 8 wins was a complete success for me.

    Now, getting that out of the way, Pittsburgh is a better team than we are, mostly on offense. Their defense was No 1. But we may have taken a step closer to them statistically. But they came back from 13-3 in the 4th quarter to beat the Cowboys, who also happen to be a really good team.

    So while the kool-aid says not to worry about the Steelers, what I saw on the field today from our offense save a couple plays tells me to worry. The Steelers won't shoot themselves in the foot on offense for 3 quarters.

    I braved my nuts literally freezing to watch my Ravens tonight. But that doesn't void me of reality. I want the playoffs.
    I'll worry about the Steelers maybe Wednesday. Until then, we're 9-4. In the thick of the playoff, divisional and 1st round bye hunt. Did you really think we'd be here in week 14 in April?




  2. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have to get HW's back on this.

    Yes, we won. And yes, we are 9-4. We actually have only lost the number of games I thought we'd win. So as far as I was concerned, 8 wins was a complete success for me.

    Now, getting that out of the way, Pittsburgh is a better team than we are, mostly on offense. Their defense was No 1. But we may have taken a step closer to them statistically. But they came back from 13-3 in the 4th quarter to beat the Cowboys, who also happen to be a really good team.

    So while the kool-aid says not to worry about the Steelers, what I saw on the field today from our offense save a couple plays tells me to worry. The Steelers won't shoot themselves in the foot on offense for 3 quarters.

    I braved my nuts literally freezing to watch my Ravens tonight. But that doesn't void me of reality. I want the playoffs.
    as well......this namby-pamby bullshit on offense won't fly. Though I've got a feeling that we'll bring a little something extra to the field next week, as we've got to serve a little payback!!!




  3. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    It's a matter of perspective...for a lot of us, we are just happy to have a winning season. But of many, our expectations have been raised to where we expect a playoff caliber team now.

    Tonight, we were NOT playoff caliber. The game we played tonight would've gotten us destroyed against a playoff team.

    That said, this game had a lot of personal meaning to me. My in-laws are ALL Redskin fans, so with this win, I can taunt them for the next 4 years about the Ravens SOUNDLY beating them.




  4. #196

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    There's no point comparing the offence against the Skins to how we'll do against Pitt. We lit up Cincy two weeks ago, does that mean we'll light up Pitt? No. So neither does our so-so performance tonight. 3 games, 19 points allowed - savour it guys - I know I am!!





  5. #197

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    I'll worry about the Steelers maybe Wednesday. Until then, we're 9-4. In the thick of the playoff, divisional and 1st round bye hunt. Did you really think we'd be here in week 14 in April?
    Not even a little. I thought we were a 4 win team, and I would have totally understood it.

    8 wins to me was astounding. I told my friend on the way in that they could go 8-8 and I would be just as happy and satisfied.

    Everything for me past 6 wins was just gravy.




  6. #198
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    oh yeah...how about breaking our string of prime time pitifulness!!!!!

    here here! First time we've won a night game since 2004 or 2005!




  7. #199

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It's a matter of perspective...for a lot of us, we are just happy to have a winning season. But of many, our expectations have been raised to where we expect a playoff caliber team now.

    Tonight, we were NOT playoff caliber. The game we played tonight would've gotten us destroyed against a playoff team.

    That said, this game had a lot of personal meaning to me. My in-laws are ALL Redskin fans, so with this win, I can taunt them for the next 4 years about the Ravens SOUNDLY beating them.

    You missed out again... Seeing as we handed it to them in their house 4 years ago. And it was all about Ed Reed that night too!!

    I get it by the way. I too was thoroughly underwhelmed by our 2nd and 3rd quarter performance tonight. But we are building something really special here. I just dont have the energy to complain about it.




  8. #200

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Can I just say, in spite of tonights very average performance by Flacco, on behalf of the city of Baltimore.... FUCK MATT RYAN!!!




  9. #201

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    You sound like youre from Pissburgh!


    I hate to tell you but this was prime time son.
    We won.

    Try to enjoy it if you can.


    With a new head coach and QB and offense.
    He's right though, we hadnt won in prime time since god knows when.




  10. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,442

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Can I just say, in spite of tonights very average performance by Flacco, on behalf of the city of Baltimore.... FUCK MATT RYAN!!!
    That douche is gonna cost Joe the rookie of the year!
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  11. #203

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Bullet to your head, who'd you take right now? For me it's all about that one play a game with Flacco that makes you go "Wow".




  12. #204

    Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Skins

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Like I said, thats history and we almost won on MNF in Pissburgh earlier. It took a great comeback for them to win.

    More offensive dominance for us.

    HARB just said CAM knew they would be in zero coverage on the Mason TD.

    That means that they took out their safeties and stacked the line to stop Mcclain who got all those carries.

    CAM was right. Mason faked out the CB, and he had no one back there to help him out. Thats how we won.

    Flacco was just on saying he knew we were getting the TD in the huddle and that they wouldnt have any safeties back there and Mason would be open and he hit hm for the Td.
    Thats why he's the best QB is Ravens history - at least in my time as a fan.

    It's 5am, and I'm fairly drunk. Six beers and 4 Vodkas do that to you. But we're 9-4 - thats reason to celebrate!!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland