Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Greatest Game Ever Played -- ESPN promo

Check out the ESPN promo for the Greatest Game Ever Played and don't pound your fist through the wall! Fucking Tony Dungy and other contemporary players from that fraud team from Indianapolis are interviewed, spoiling what would otherwise be an outstanding colorized production of the main event in the history of the NFL. Here is the description from ESPN's web-site:

ESPN Films: The Greatest Game Ever Played presented by Sprint

Hosted by Chris Berman, the special explores the December 28, 1958 game played between the Baltimore Colts and New York Giants at Yankee Stadium for the NFL championship to commemorate the league�s 50th anniversary. Johnny Unitas led the Colts to a dramatic 23-17 overtime victory. ESPN will create a new broadcast of this landmark event using original film of the game, colorization/restoration technology and intercutting unique interview pairings of the surviving members of that legendary game and their modern day NFL counterparts from the past two Super Bowl champion teams - the Indianapolis Colts and the New York Giants.

The ones being interviewed should be Brian Billick, Ray Lewis, etc. - it is the players from our city who have a connection to the Baltimore Colts of 1958 (some of whose names adorn our Ring of Honor), not guys from that hick town, which has no ties to the Greatest Game.

Question: Is there an easy way to edit this production to cut out all the interviews with the Indianapolis players? This production looks like it will be a great keeper, after cutting the cancer out. I have both a DVD recorder and a DVR, or I could copy it straight to my hard drive via a video card. I know that I could do this with VHS tape, but it would lose too much quality. Any IT geniuses out there with a simple, non techno-babble solution?

btw: the show will first air on ESPN HD on Staurday Dec 13th at 9 pm.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Greatest Game Ever Played -- ESPN promo

THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

What a joke -- I like Tony Dungy but there is absolutely no reason to interview him about the 58 game.

And although I like the concept, why the hell does Chris Berman have to do the commentary? He has the potential to totally screw this up.

Blog Entries

This is the last straw. Tony L. , when Shannon Sharpe, Rod Woodson and hopefully Art are inducted, thousands of Ravens fans should show up for the ceremonies. The day before we should all meet at the HOF and protest the insanity of Johnny U, Artie Donovan, Joh Mackey, Lenny Moore being in the HOF as Indy Colts. Banners, signs, chants---the whole enchilada.

I know this seems like a publicity stunt by a certain radio personality, but having Tony Dungy and Petyon Manning talk about the 58 championship game will certainly ruin this for me, and bring back too many bad memories. I had just about gotten over this, but to ruin probably the greatest moment in Baltimore sports history by linking it to those bozos in Irsayville, is too painful for me.

I'm just hoping Artie Donovan or someone slips in a few barbs about Indy that make it past the editing room. The production quality of this special looks top-notch. '58 Championship in HD Color!! Please, ESPN, don't make me too

OT concerning Baltimore Colts
    NFL Films released a 2-disk collection entitled "The Complete History of the Indianapolis Colts" a few years back. If you can ignore the title, the first disc is all about Baltimore and a must have for Baltimore Colts fans. Its a complete narrative of Baltimore football history loaded with old footage. There are also some special features on specific players and Memorial Stadium. It doesn't really delve into the scumbaggedness* of Irsay, but beggars can't be choosers. The best part - you can throw the 2nd disc (Indy history) away without ever watching it!

I'm particularly interested in watching the play of Jim Parker in that game. He's the guy my old man tells me was the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history...(Yes, even better than Jonathan Ogden!! )

The ones being interviewed should be Brian Billick, Ray Lewis, etc. - it is the players from our city who have a connection to the Baltimore Colts of 1958 (some of whose names adorn our Ring of Honor), not guys from that hick town, which has no ties to the Greatest Game
    I dont see how brian Billick or Lewis should be interviewed about the Baltimore Colts. Yes They both have ties with Baltimore but with the Ravens not the colts. The history of the Colts ultimately starts in Baltimore, and it appears they will be talking with the old squad, but unfortuately the colts history does run through Indianploisis as well.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

<<I know this seems like a publicity stunt by a certain radio personality, >>

I know I'm thinking outside the box here, but isn't it just slightly possible that the "certain radio personality" actually does care about Baltimore and Baltimore sports and that maybe just maybe he uses the platform that he has been blessed with to try and promote issues that many if not all true Baltimore fans care about? i.e. Art in the Hall, Angelos has absolutely destroyed The Orioles etc....

I understand why many get annoyed with him, but on the other hand, there is no one else in the media that has the guts to truly take a stand and say we've had enough.... look how many years it took in Detroit to finally get a terrible GM fired....

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post

I know I'm thinking outside the box here, but isn't it just slightly possible that the "certain radio personality" actually does care about Baltimore and Baltimore sports and that maybe just maybe he uses the platform that he has been blessed with to try and promote issues that many if not all true Baltimore fans care about? i.e. Art in the Hall, Angelos has absolutely destroyed The Orioles etc....

I understand why many get annoyed with him, but on the other hand, there is no one else in the media that has the guts to truly take a stand and say we've had enough.... look how many years it took in Detroit to finally get a terrible GM fired....
    But then how would the average message board joe get his kicks by being cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post

Having worked for him I am positive he cares more about himself and his ego then anything else.

Wink Re: Greatest Game Ever Played -- ESPN promo

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I dont see how brian Billick or Lewis should be interviewed about the Baltimore Colts. Yes They both have ties with Baltimore but with the Ravens not the colts.
    Brian Billick and Ray Lewis have connected with literally thousands of former Baltimore Colts fans. These guys do understand the pain, just like they understand the significance of tomorrow's game (which goes over the heads of 99% of the country).

If Tony Dungy ever stepped foot in Baltimore, he was likely riding Amtrak.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    The history of the Colts ultimately starts in Baltimore, and it appears they will be talking with the old squad, but unfortuately the colts history does run through Indianploisis as well.
    The history of The Baltimore Colts ended on a Mayflower van. Whatever Peyton Manning and the rest of the Irsay franchise have done since 1984 is not connected to the history of the Baltimore Colts.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Brian Billick and Ray Lewis have connected with literally thousands of former Baltimore Colts fans
    But that connection has nothing to do with the Greatest game ever. I think Espn would be better served if they checked with some old colt fans from that era than say Billick or Lewis. I really have no idea what they could add to the program other than they are from Baltimore and played with the Ravens. it would be pointless just as getting Stallion and Stars coaches and players to talk about the greatest game.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--