Thread: Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Introduction

Evening,

I have finally found some other Ravens fans in the UK. All the forums I am on are full of Pats and Phins so it is nice to find somewhere where there are other British Raven fans especially with the end of the season coming where it could get very exciting.

Anyone, pleased to meet you all

Re: Introduction

Pleased to meet another UK Ravens fan.

Two Questions if I may:

:celery Do you know much about us :celery ?

How did you find us ?

Cheers

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Welcome.

Like you say it is a very exciting season.I would say amazing and uplifting.

We all thought we were alone, but slowly and surely we have gathered together
    to form a friendly bunch of UKRavens.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Friendly is one word for us!

Its been a cracking season. I've only been a fan since the playoffs of the superbowl year (thats when I found the sport) so I can say this has been my favourite season by far. We've had a great season while really building a great foundation for the future. I genuinely think our yo-yo days are behind us.

I have only really got into NFL in the last few years (and am now obsessed, much to the wifes misery) and was trying to work out which team to follow. I watched a load of the "America's Games" series and really liked Ray Lewis, hence why I have followed the Ravens ever since.

To answer you questions, I obviously know very little about you and found this site through google I think, whatever way, I am glad I have.

Did you all meet up for the Wembley game or anything?

I didn't see one Raven's shirt there despite keeping an eye out.

Other question, is do any of you know anywhere overhere that sells Raven's merchandise? I got a Ravens hoody at the start of the season sent over from the US and it cost me a fortune with duty and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carshalton Raven View Post

Other question, is do any of you know anywhere overhere that sells Raven's merchandise? I got a Ravens hoody at the start of the season sent over from the US and it cost me a fortune with duty and all that.
    Other than the obvious Ebay in the UK, I keep a US ebay account open which gives me greater access to stuff. I often ask US sellers if they would ship to a Ravens fan in the UK, some are pleased to do so.

There are plenty of stores around just remember that our currncy is not worth as much today.

We often bring stuff back from our trips to games for other people.

If you read the recent newsletter we just received a 'care package' from our sources.

We all met up for the 1st Wembley game. Not too sure how many of the guys met up for this years - I wasn't there this year. I'll probably make the trip next year IF we have a bye week that week.

We are the only organised group that I am aware of. (We didn't use RavensUK as it says Raven SUK!)

There have a few fans we've seen come and go over the years. Some join us . We are not to everyone's taste - so some choose not to join:grbac: .

Here is a quote from the newsletter:

I am very pleased to inform you that James R. from Ireland has upgraded to being a full member of the UKR’s. I hope we all can see from what Stockers is able to do this week, and things like the donation of the care package, that being a part of our group has REAL benefits. All we ask fellow members is that you ’give a s**t’ about the Ravens, and are prepared to put some time and effort in.

We ask that everyone is over 18 for socials , and 21 for US trips. As such we are not for young kids. We have been described as 'hard core' fans, but that depends on your defintion . Simply we are all 'committed' Ravens fans, :uk: and as I said that's not what everyone wants.:celery

Use the PM (private message) button at the top of the page to send me your email address if you are interested.

You are quite welcome to join us on this board any time.:uk:

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

It all started when I posted a letter in the American football weekly newspaper in the UK called First Down. I cannot remember if it was late 90's or early 2000's.But from there UKRaven and I started the ball rolling when UKRaven read my letter.From there others have come and gone,and the commited have stayed with us.

Obviously we are not as big or organised as some of the better supported NFL teams in the UK.UKRaven tried as he might to make the UKRavens grow into something big.But you need commitment from the members.And that was only forth coming from a few back then.

Our biggest move was Topperk inviting us over to the Raven Insiders forum.
    Where I hung out like a kid locked up in a candy store.[You see I spent so much time posting with my fellow US Raven fans,I spell more American than English these days.And use American terms. When I see offence instead of offense it usually freaks me out].

From that involvement we were sent VHS video tapes of Raven games.
    And the purple & black bridge was built across the pond.Where it has grown ever stronger over the years.

UKRaven went over to watch the Chiefs play the Ravens at M&T ages ago.
    Then 4 of us went over to watch the Ravens kick the Raiders around years ago.And that experience was indescribable.Not only from the tailgate and the crowd and the game.But the friendship and warmth of all those we met.
    It was great to finally meet the people who I got to know on the forums.

Then we all moved here from the Insiders forum when it got a little bit to childish.

On our last trip I cleaned my wallet out on Ravens gear.I had $500's.

I just got a Flacco jeresey,a white long sleeved Ravens T.And a Ravens beanie hat from the expensive NFL.com but it did arrive within a week.But had a £45 shipping charge.Ouch.

I pay for the yearly NFL.com Gamepass HD.Where I can watch Ravens games live.And any other game live or archived.I have watched 87 NFL games this season through this.Throw in live college football and NHL Ice Hockey on Nasn and your wife can sympathise with mine.

You will see my email on the mailing list of the UKRAVEN newsletter if you want to receive it.As everything online is stamped with RavenTD,yes even my Xbox live gamertag.So feel free to send me an email if you wish.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Thanks for taking the time to write that, much appreciated.

You all seem like a tight knit bunch, which is impressive. I am sure one day I will achieve my ambition of getting over to Baltimore to see a game.

I hadn't heard of the gamepass, it would make it a lot easier rather than waiting and waiting for Sky to show the Ravens (although the next three weeks are on I belive).

11. Re: Introduction

Yeah three weeks in a row is gonna be sweet. In fairness Sky don't have a choice with this week and the Cowboys game but I'll take it!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You all seem like a tight knit bunch, which is impressive. I am sure one day I will achieve my ambition of getting over to Baltimore to see a game.
    You just missed a free ticket offer. UKRavenStockers will be joining us tomorrow. Hopefully we can score him a ducket to the Squeelers game next week.

I am hoping our friends can come over next season, maybe do what Stockers is and make it a 8-9 day journey and bookend two homes games or maybe even one away!?