Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Maybe it was not McNabb it was the Ravens D.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, wait PP ....

Remember, he claims numbers dont matter. And they DO matter.

Cant you understand?
    You can use numbers to make a point, but stats by themselves don;t prove anything. This is football we are talking about, numbers only tell part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    You can use numbers to make a point, but stats by themselves don;t prove anything. This is football we are talking about, numbers only tell part of the story.
    Wow.

Are you a politician by any chance?

PP

Unless, of course, the discussion is about our #2 ranked defense, then it's case closed.

Unless, of course, the discussion is about our #2 ranked defense, then it's case closed.
    Court is still in session. I think they may creep back up to number 1 when when it is all said and done.

Ohhh okay...

Dude has to be :insane:
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

6. Re: Maybe it was not McNabb it was the Ravens D.

Number 2 based on total yards which doesnt mean a thing. Points allowed and points scored by the defense is all that matters. If yards was so important, remember that the ravens 2000 defense ranked second to the Titans that year. No records for yardage was set. The important record by the defense that was set was points alowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Curtis View Post
    Number 2 based on total yards which doesnt mean a thing. Points allowed and points scored by the defense is all that matters. If yards was so important, remember that the ravens 2000 defense ranked second to the Titans that year. No records for yardage was set. The important record by the defense that was set was points alowed!
    You're missing the sarcasm here. :read

8. Re: Maybe it was not McNabb it was the Ravens D.

You're missing the sarcasm here. :read
    Didnt miss it. I used your quote when I should have used others that were getting on Jeremiah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Curtis View Post
    Didnt miss it. I used your quote when I should have used others that were getting on Jeremiah.
    Then take passing rank (28th) out of the equation because it's just based on yards and base it on TDs thrown.

Ravens rank 24th in passing TDs

The point remains that some people use stats when it benefits them but when they don't they discount them. The person in question scoffed at my mention about passing rank in another thread but had no problem using defensive rank in this thread.

Your point about the Ravens in 2000 vs Tenn in 2000 is dead on.

I want my passing offense to rank higher than 24th in passing TDs. If their overall rank (yardage) is low but passing TD rank is high? No problem. The way to do that is to add some talent at the WR and TE position.

PP