Thread: Terrell Suggs

Terrell Suggs

Two Observations, folks:

1. Suggs is a monster. He was absolutely all over the place tonight, and I'm pretty sure he beat McKinnie on more than one occasion, but I may be wrong. Seven tackles, all of them solo, and one sack in only one half of action is pretty impressive. He was flying to the ball, and I saw #55 in on every play. VERY impressive.

2. Suggs has matured. Did you guys see how he reacted to the personal foul? He didn't get in a ref's face, he didn't mouth off to an opposing player. Instead, he took it like a man and patted Brad Johnson on the helmet. Good to see.

I really think Suggs is developing into a complete player. He plays the run well, he covers well, and he's still a sack artist. I expect HUGE things from him this season.

2. Re: Terrell Suggs

He is improving, but his closing speed to the QB when the QB goes toward the sideline is very pedestrian. A top notch DE would have easily chased down slow Brad Johnson. Suggs has no acceleration to the QB outside the pocket. That is very disappointing.

Re: Terrell Suggs

Did you guys see how he reacted to the personal foul?

Which lies the intrinsic problem of Suggs, too many personal fouls, this is a deep rooted problem. I don't have any stat's to back up my argument, but IMO it's as simple as lack of discipline.

See : Coaching staff

Blog Entries

What did you think about the personal foul, though? Seemed to me that Suggs was already airborne when the ball was delivered, so I didn't really see what the foul was all about.

I don't have any stat's to back up my argument, but IMO it's as simple as lack of discipline.

That penalty was complete crap. They said that he took a shot at the QBs head which although true, wasn't intentional and was barely a love tap. Should have been a no call especially considering the late hits that Min was putting out all night.

Quote Originally Posted by ChixDigLongBall
    He is improving, but his closing speed to the QB when the QB goes toward the sideline is very pedestrian. A top notch DE would have easily chased down slow Brad Johnson. Suggs has no acceleration to the QB outside the pocket. That is very disappointing.
    Don't forget, his speed was the reason he fell to us at 10. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick before he ran the 40.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos
    Don't forget, his speed was the reason he fell to us at 10. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick before he ran the 40.
    How many times do defensive ends run 40 yards chasing down a QB?

Suggs is fast enough. His rookie year when we had Boulware on one side and Suggs on the other we constantly got pressure on the QB. I expect to see the same this year with AD or Cody coming from the other side.

Terrell is one of the best linebackers in football. You can let him do so many angles while playing. He's around the ball and wants to hit. I'm really glad we drafted Suggs and hope he's here for many years to come.